Fleetwood Mac Landslide by suziko

lueders

Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:59 pm

suziko wrote:
[quote]Cori- Your comments always bring a smile to my face. Thanks for being so nice and so supportive. I thought today that it would have been easier if I’d done the chord solo first, before my fingers got tired, but I didn’t think that, stylistically, it would sound as nice. Oh, and I hope that by calling Stevie Nicks a “munchkin” you’re referring to the style of her voice and not her height. Otherwise, as a “vertically-challenged” person, I might have to take offense! :)

I like Stevie Nicks and the Mac quite a bit. But to me she kinda does sound like a chain-smoking, munchkin that inhaled too much helium...I can say all this because I have such a beautiful singing voice myself.LOL!!
As to the other...Some of the best people I know are vertically challenged. Frankly, I disagree with Randy Newman when he musically declared: "short people got no reason to live." That was just plain insensitive of him if you ask me.

Great, job once again Suzi. Sorry about the weird ramblings...

willem

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:46 am

Hi SUZI,,you like to suprise are'nt you?? well you did to me,,i know this song like my trouser pocket 'cos i picked it up to get comfort with tarvis pickin and it maked be a bit down last week(to long on the same thing) and then when you know the piece like that it is nice to listen to you and can say WELL DONE,,SO GREAT,,and what a great idea to put in the chord solo on the instrumental part(that i like too),, the song is really one of my favo's and add it also to my repetior(when i really nail it),, i find it so great to add the travis pickin in the skill's ''cos now you can do such more lovely songs(i'm working on ''your song'' too),,you really inspired me to go back to the song and give the chord solo a look but i think those stetches will kill me!!!!

Thanks Suzy,'cos you lift me up on this song too

willem

Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:46 am

Hi SUZI,,you like to suprise are'nt you?? well you did to me,,i know this song like my trouser pocket 'cos i picked it up to get comfort with travis pickin and it made be a bit down last week(to long on the same thing) and then when you know the piece like that it is nice to listen to you and can say WELL DONE,,SO GREAT,,and what a great idea to put in the chord solo on the instrumental part(that i like too),, the song is really one of my favo's and add it also to my repetior(when i really nail it),, i find it so great to add the travis pickin in the skill's ''cos now you can do such more lovely songs(i'm working on ''your song'' too),,you really inspired me to go back to the song and give the chord solo a look but i think those stretches will kill me!!!!

Thanks Suzy,'cos you lift me up on this song too

dtaylor

Fri Apr 29, 2011 2:14 am

Very nice performance, very assured, it's quite a tune to have in the bag and be able to produce. It's got everything for me, great picking, a beautiful melody sung superbly, the overall effect is very professional. Have you thought of including the instrumental break before the chord solo part, it's quite short but might add a lot to the piece?

Dean

dennisg

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:42 am

Oh gosh Sue, I'm so sorry for being so damned late :( ....when you snooze (even when it's just for a day)....forgive me!

But girl, Í am sóoooooo very proud of you! I mean just how you pulled this off, I just LOVED it all, the playing, the singing, the solo, OMG those strétches, you probably won't believe me but the way you played them you made it seem so easy! And you looked comfortable, wich means that you're indeed controlling all those camera-nerves very well, it was an absolute joy to watch and to listen to and I just couldn't stop smiling all the way through! Such a gréat performance!

You should be very proud of yourself Suzi, Í sure am!!!!

Nessa

michelew

Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:11 am

Suzi,

Our finger-pickin' dynamo - that was truly BEAUTIFUL!!!!

I've been waiting to hear this for a while now. I'm sure you'd gotten sick of my pestering. And then my download speed taunted me this morning as you know (I think the Goddess was teasing me), 'so I had to wait til now to be able to watch it. Well sweet woman, it was well worth the wait. I LOVED IT!!!

Your finger picking sure is stellar now. Your singing is great, better and better with every post - I'm dead envious - and I was surprised at the lows you reached. And that chord solo looks like a killer, crazy.

I sure can see the blood and sweat you've poured into this song. You really know how to challenge yourself and you sure do rise to meet each one.

It sure does deserve a place in your repertoire. It's a great song and and it's sounding great. Once you've pull the speeds of the different sections together it will be AWESOME!!

You're an inspiration!

I loved it!

Shel

deuce01

Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:42 am

Suzi,
Hey I liked that alot. Great job on the playing and singing.

Thanks for sharing!

Oh im jealous of your guitar. :)

Pat

MarkM

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:11 am

Suzi,

My apologies for getting to my reply so late. Way too busy lately. I did see this yesterday and again this mornig and have to say that I thought this was pretty terrific. I wish I had fingers like yours. Some of those streches were amazing. What you've done here is put 3 disciplines into one. The basic fingerpicking, solo and singing all into one. Even Stevie needs Lindsey to play on this song. You just did both of their jobs. Very impressive. I though the tempo pretty much stayed on track and the notes were nice and clear. This song IS harder than it looks. I can't get past the first section at the moment. Keep at at as you are so close to perfection. You should be very proud of this effort Suzi. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

suziko

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:26 am

Cori- I very much enjoy your “weird ramblings!” Stevie Nicks definitely has a singular voice. I really like it, but I can see why it’s not everyone’s cup of tea (or pack of smokes). And since you don’t like it, I’m glad you don’t think I sound like her.

Willem- Travis picking is very useful as so many songs just use a variation on it. I know what you mean about how it’s fun to watch someone do a song that you know really well. I hope you keep persevering on this song! I’d love to hear you post your version. Thanks again for commenting!

Dean- That’s a good idea, about the instrumental break. Maybe once I’ve really got this polished, I’ll try adding that in. Or at least learn it so that I could swap it out for the chord solo if I wanted. Thank you for the advice, and thanks for taking the time to watch.

Nessa- Thanks for your sweet words. You always make me smile with your enthusiasm! I’m glad I made you proud, though I know I still need to keep working on the song to really nail it. Luckily, I think my hands are starting to get bigger from all those stretches! :)

Shel- Aw, shucks….. I’m really glad you enjoyed. You know the grief this song gave me over the past few weeks. I know I don’t have it down perfectly, but I felt pretty good about the point I got it to. I’ll keep working at it. Luckily, it’s a wonderful song, just so beautiful, so it’s a joy to work on. Thanks for your support and kindness, Shel. You know how much I appreciate your friendship.

Pat- Thanks! I’m really glad you enjoyed. I LOVE my GC3. It’s such a sweet guitar with a great sound. I’ll pass on your compliments :)

MarkM- Thanks for your compliments. I’ll confess, when I posted this all I could think of was your recent stellar version of Is There Anybody Out There, where you seemed to nail every single note. I wish I could play as cleanly as you do. But this was a big challenge for me, and I’m pretty happy with how it turned out. All the same, I’ll still keep working on it. It’s a fun song to play- you should definitely keep working on it!

willem

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:43 am

suziko wrote:
Willem- Travis picking is very useful as so many songs just use a variation on it. I know what you mean about how it’s fun to watch someone do a song that you know really well. I hope you keep persevering on this song! I’d love to hear you post your version. Thanks again for commenting!

Don't worry Suzy,,i love that song very much and on this moment it's not the pickin or singin,,well i'm not happy with how i play the instrumental part given in the lesson,,there are moments when i thought HEY wish i had the cam on..i'm glad that i start learning travis pickin and his variations and try that on a view songs that i like and maybe in my reach to manege in how i can play on this moment..so i often go back to ''landslide'' and even more after your great idea of adding the chord/solo..but have patiens for my upload..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic