buddy learning to play THAT'LL BE THE DAY acoustic guitar

buddy

Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:02 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I saw this lesson go up today and I have always really enjoyed this song. Here is a quick take on it based upon Neil's lesson. Any suggestions to move it along are always appreciated. It brought a smile to my face to play this.

Bud

Yamaha48

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Hey Bud my friend.
I have not see Neils lesson,on this fantastic song.
Watch your video,and i like it.
Good sang,as always.
The good old days,times flyes when you having fun.

Cheers.................Anton

suziko

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:19 pm

Buddy,

Wow!! You wasted no time! I can't give you any advice on how to improve the song as I only watched part of the lesson so far and don't play the song (though I do plan to learn it), but it did sound really nice to me. It sounds like you've got the "vamp" that Neil spoke of down, as far as I could tell. And, of course, your voice sounds just great. And nice job on the intro!!

Suzi

dtaylor

Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:35 pm

Buddy, you've certainly set a new record for posting soonest after the lesson goes up, you learn FAST... seriously nice job on it, it'll be a v. popular lesson, can't say I've got your pipes or the swagger to pull off the vocals though! Thanks for sharing.

BobR

Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi Buddy,

Nice job, almost sounds ready for one of your open mics. I'll have to go check out the lesson now.

Bob

Craig

Fri Apr 29, 2011 11:10 pm

Buddy,
Nice work. I haven't looked at the lesson yet...actually I didn't know it was a lesson yet! But you have it down pretty well already. Your voice is well suited for this (as well as many others) tune. Very well done.
Craig

willem

Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:18 am

Yes Buddy,,thanks i see this has a bonus on Neils lesson and for me a thread to follow,,nice performence,,you rocked that well..must be 'cos your Buddy too..i love the OO oo and your litlle i enjoyed smile at the end,, i really enjoyed it..your welcome..

edit.. I forgot something to ask,,i think its allright to do the stretches with the pinky on the power chord E and A,,'cos i have troubles to use my third finger also,,or is it a bad habbit,,just a question not a critic!!!!so i hope i get a answer on that ,,maybe a review????

buddy

Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:06 am

Anton, Yes the good old days !!

Suzi, Glad you enjoyed this as it is a fun song.

Dtaylor, Not sure if that was swagger or the ghost of Elvis :-)

Bob, This would be good for some laughs at an open mic.

Craig, Thanks my friend.

Willem, Buddy doing Buddy, that was pretty funny. On the pinky stretch, I used the pinky in the little rifts that I added as i was moving over an extra fret.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic