Jethro Tull Skating Away On The Thin Ice Of A New Day by jcrocket

jcrocket

Sun May 01, 2011 9:51 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

sbutler

Sun May 01, 2011 10:13 pm

Splendid job J

Neil recently told me that he had to work harder on playing and singing this one at the same time, than just about any other song. And I believe him.

You've done it very well.

Great job

Scott

lueders

Sun May 01, 2011 10:49 pm

Jay-

Ya know I was just thinking...earlier today that I hadn't seen much of jaycrocket in quite a while. And, I was hoping
all was well with you...and we would still be seeing plenty more of your skilled, & wonderfully eclectic posts.

Well I got my wish. And you have emerged once again. This time tackling Ian Andersen!! I just gotta say...
Wow, you are brave...not to mention...amazingly talented! Damn, that looks hard... I can offer nothing but praise!!! WOW!( This one is WAY over my head...well pretty much anything with singing is over my head. lol!)

I don't know if you hit it out of the park ( like you do 98% of the time.) But this is definitely a ground-rule double!
Boy, do you have my respect... Because here is a song if there ever was one that will make you better guitar player/singer/performer... great job Jay!

P.S. Been messing with Windfall and No Depression...the latter is kickin' my can. (Straight Cut-time Blue-grass Ouch!!)

jcrocket

Sun May 01, 2011 11:05 pm

Scott, thanks so much for the kind words!

Cori - thanks for your concern, all has been well, but just incredibly busy. Appreciate the feedback, as always (although ground-rule double may be a bit generous, I'll settle for an infield single on this one). Can't wait to hear you do either or both of those songs - No Depression has some pretty slick pickin' in there.

Jeff

dtaylor

Sun May 01, 2011 11:29 pm

Got to agree with Cori, you have Ian Anderson on lock-down, it seems there's nothing of his you can't play. I'd like to learn Wond'ring Again as you played it (and sung so well). It's a pleasure to listen to you!

Dean

buddy

Sun May 01, 2011 11:33 pm

Jay, You are a brave man to take this project on and you pulled it off my friend !! Really nice work on the guitar and your voice sounds good as well. What a tough song to sing. Kudos to you on this one. I don't think the non-players in our lives understand how much effort a song like this takes to get to this point so just soak all of this in from your TG pals. :-)

Bud

tovo

Mon May 02, 2011 1:51 am

Jethro Tull is a bit of a mystery to me Jeff but man that was great! I will just concur with my fellow members, that was just terrific and very professional. If I heard you do that in a bar I would be pulling out the line from Billy Joel's Piano Man....."Man, what are you doing here?"

That guitar is sounding real nice in the low end also.

RicksPick

Mon May 02, 2011 3:48 am

Impressive Jay

well sung and played

RicksPick

willem

Mon May 02, 2011 4:17 am

Hi, all i remember out my youth when i think on Jethro Tull is a kinda Irisch sounding music and a flute never thought this music would be so difficult to nail,,you did i geuss,,really enjoyed your show ,,thanks

RicksPick

Mon May 02, 2011 6:16 am

Wow Jeff!

That was gréat, playing, singing!

I have to admit that I don't know Jethro Tull or any of his songs :blush: , I guess I should since Neil teaches a lót of his tunes over here, however I very much enjoyed you doing this song of him, and such a tricky one as well, very good job Jeff, well done!

Cheers

Vanessa

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic