Jerry Jeff Walker Mr Bojangles by tovo

tovo

Wed May 04, 2011 9:02 pm

Hey Bob thanks kindly for the comment mate. I'm real happy with this one as I got so many great tips and I am now working to improve the tune based on those.

buddy

Fri May 06, 2011 1:13 pm

I am late to this party as I have away for a week or so. Can't add to what others have said other than I really enjoyed this Tony,

Bud

tovo

Fri May 06, 2011 4:50 pm

Thanks Buddy much appreciated.

Hydroman52

Fri May 06, 2011 6:45 pm

Hey Tony,

Nice job on this song. I really like the way you change voices for Bojangles. I had seen this earlier, but needed to run off when I was getting ready to leave a comment. Bassman Jerry does the lead vocals on this song when we do it, and I’m going to show him your video and suggest that we try your idea . . . . if you don’t mind, of course. We hit the character voice part with harmonies, and that works, too, but I like this better.

Thanks for posting,
Hydroman52

tovo

Fri May 06, 2011 8:22 pm

Hey Hydro,

I don't mind one little bit mate. I have to say that I got the idea from someone else myself. Robbie Williams did a version of Mr Bojangles that I didn't much like to be honest, but one thing he did was use a "raspy, seen a lot of life" voice for that particular verse and I thought that was really very cool. For me, the line where he says "you see son...I drinks a bit" is very powerful, like it hits you in the face that this old guy who has spent a life entertaining others copes with some serious sadness and struggles with his drinking.

Anyway, thanks for the comment, and I look forward to your version.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic