Jerry Jeff Walker Mr Bojangles (Revisited) by tovo

Hydroman52

Sun May 08, 2011 10:56 pm

Tony,

Definite improvement over first post. I like that you left the Bojangles voicing in. Seemed like you speed up a bit about half-way through the song (when "the dog up and dies") or so. Just to check to see if I was hearing things, I pulled out the metronome to check, and it appears that you start out somewhere between 68 - 72 Bpm and finish at bout 76 - 80 Bpm. I'd prefer to hear the faster tempo throughout the whole song. And that will get you through the sad dog dieing part quicker, too.

Good work,
Hydroman52

tovo

Sun May 08, 2011 11:27 pm

Thanks Hydro. it would sure pay off if I were to pull out the metronome every so often myself! I think I prefer a slightly faster tempo as well, the tune feels best when it is 'bouncy'. Hey, I appreciate your additional feedback. Thank you.

dennisg

Mon May 09, 2011 11:10 am

Tony,

I could only listen to the beginning of the song because my computer was stopping every few seconds to buffer the video, but I still wanted to post a comment on what little I was able to see.

Vast improvement. The notes are ringing much long and being released only when you need the finger for the next note (and I think this exercise will be really good for you on about a jillion future songs that require flat-picked notes). At some point, you'll be able to increase the tempo of the song gradually and still have the notes sustain.

When my underpowered little iMac decides to make nice with TG, I'll go back and listen to the whole thing.

sws626

Mon May 09, 2011 12:21 pm

Hey Tony,

I've always loved this song and it's great to hear you working on it. I thought you did a great job with the jangly. I know you aren't looking for pats on the back, but I thought it was great. Better towards the end, as you seemed to loosen up more.

-Stuart

tovo

Mon May 09, 2011 2:50 pm

Den: No man should have an underpowered Mac...it just ain't right. Go down the Mac Store and buy something new, shiny and powerful. Thanks for you comment on the tune. I got a bit excited because when I sat down to try and incorporate the feedback I sensed immediate improvement. I'm very grateful to everyone.

Stuart: You're right, I'm not searching for praise but I'm real glad that my ears didn't deceive me. I felt it was much improved so I'm real glad you think so as well. Thanks for the comment mate.

cobalt1254

Tue May 10, 2011 12:11 am

Hey Tovo. Sugarland is a country duo. Here is a video.

I hope you take it as a compliment! The guy is a great guitar player and plays more than one instrument. Ive never seen him play anything but acoustic.

tovo

Tue May 10, 2011 4:49 pm

cobalt1254 wrote:
I hope you take it as a compliment! The guy is a great guitar player and plays more than one instrument. Ive never seen him play anything but acoustic.
Mate if it's meant as a compliment then I take it as a compliment! I like his hat! Thanks for the intro to the band, I am not a huge country fan at all but I always like to check out new stuff.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic