Jerry Jeff Walker Mr Bojangles (Revisited) by tovo

Chasplaya

Sat May 07, 2011 4:15 pm

Well you got onto that pretty damn quick! Much better with the strum now Tony makes all the difference, great stuff mate.

tovo

Sat May 07, 2011 4:18 pm

Chasplaya wrote:
Well you got onto that pretty damn quick! Much better with the strum now Tony makes all the difference, great stuff mate.
Chas thanks. It was one of those tunes that I really wanted to do well, and the tips from you and others on the strum made a real difference. When I sat down to incorporate it all, I just felt like it was immediately improved and wanted to show that. The advice/help/encouragement all makes a hell of a difference and that's the real strength of this site.

AcousticAl

Sun May 08, 2011 8:09 am

Hey Tony,

Letting those notes ring longer really helps. Great to see an update on this.

MarkM

Sun May 08, 2011 8:37 am

Tony,

Well done!! Yup you can cerrtainly see/hear the improvement. This song really suits you. I agree that this would be a great addition to an open mic set list for you. The only thing at this point to keep in the back of your mind is the tempo. I say this because it happens to me from time to time. Just watch that the tempo doesn't speed up/slow down. Other than that, great pick work on the bass notes!!!

MarkM

tovo

Sun May 08, 2011 3:10 pm

Al: Thanks man. Thanks again for your very useful comments on the original as well.

Mark: Cheers. Yes tempo is real important eh! Thanks for looking at it again.

Just a point, when I said I intend to post less, I just meant that I want to work longer on each tune before I record a video. Just to get it to a better standard before asking people for help. I didn't mean post less comments on the forum.

suziko

Sun May 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Gosh, Tony, you really did take everyone's advice on board! I think that sounds pretty much perfect. Great bass notes, more "jangly," nice tempo, beautiful, soulful voice..... What's not to like!!

Suzi

tovo

Sun May 08, 2011 3:27 pm

Suzi thank you! Yes I was very happy to have improved it (at least I thought it was improved) very quickly by taking account of the advice I got. I just wanted to show that advice really helped me. Thanks for taking the time to comment on it.

michelew

Sun May 08, 2011 4:16 pm

Nice update Tony.

It sounds great.

BTW - I love the beard.

Keep them coming. It will start to become deadly silent around here if you stop posting too. And I love hearing and seeing all of your videos.

Shel

RicksPick

Sun May 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Hi Tony

Sounded sweeter, fuller,

RicksPick

tovo

Sun May 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Shel: Thanks very much for the feedback. I'm very grateful to you and all for taking the time. I don't intend to cut back my posting per se. Glad you like the beard! I felt like a change and my options are quite limited when it comes to hair!

Rick: Appreciate your positive feedback mate, thanks.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic