Beatles Here Comes The Sun by RicksPick

RicksPick

Mon May 09, 2011 3:23 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hello peeps, Bear with me, I dont mean to offend your ears,,, But,,,, I will.

Ok this is supposed to be Here Comes The Sun
I watched the lesson and this is my first run/ try,
Sometimes it is painful but thats ok for me
lots of bum notes too
Thought I would put this out there for Very critical review, So comments please
e.g, Please wait till you can play it at least a little :P

I have since watched the lesson again, hope to get the sound/ feel a little closer, lol

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Mon May 09, 2011 7:29 am

Hey Rick, I wonder how that will shape up after a few weeks... would be interesting to see so I hope you post a progress vid. It sounded more and more in shape as the video progressed already. I haven't tried this one out so I can't give any insider tips... I'm sure those are on the way. Good luck on this and update us soon!

suziko

Mon May 09, 2011 7:58 am

Hey Rick! Nice to see a post from you. I was happy to see Neil put up the strumming version of this song the other day as I've been playing the fingerpicked version for a while now. It's a great song. I noticed when I was watching his lesson that he said that you can try just strumming the chords as an accompaniment to the singing. It seemed like you were going at least in part for something like that, with some of the melody notes added in. Seems like a good beginning. I'm sure that with time you'll really get it refined. I'd like to see how it's sounding in another week or so!

Suzi

rapsidy

Mon May 09, 2011 8:55 am

hey rick good effort first up

It is like the song is in there trying to breakout but just doesnt get there :) no doubt that will change in a few weeks please post the update as there is real potential for this one to fly.

i better go have a look at the lesson eh! its on the list

Brad

willem

Mon May 09, 2011 10:48 am

Hi Rick,,great song and i play it a bit that way and know the troubles,,even without the lesson i tryed it ones with some knowledge given here from Neil..

Move you strumming hand in a steady flow down and up (slow motion),,then look at the tab(while playing)and try to hit the given notes down on the beat(1-2-3-4) on the ANDS up!!.
do this for example in bits ore parts,first the two measers of D then the G and A7 etc,after a time you get it all in your head try to combine all the measers..i have fun to write this down 'cos i know you know..

the song is coming along the only thing i noticed was you were sometimes doing to much ups after eachother and maybe not enough melody notes i also think slow it down and losing up your strumming hand i know this by myself (stiffing up) 'cos you wanna hit that notes..i think slow it down must work and looking at the tab while playing..

THanks for showing us your work on this song B)

dennisg

Mon May 09, 2011 10:56 am

Way to go, Rick. Seems like you were picking up confidence as the song went along. I'd love to hear this fleshed out a bit more with additional melody notes, but you're definitely on the right path.

RicksPick

Mon May 09, 2011 12:11 pm

Thanks Chris there will be updates to this, it is very rough now.

Suzi yes you nailed it, trying to strum with melody, improvement to come
I wondered about putting it up as it is so rough at the mo, but hey rough is my middle name.
Also I know better versions will appear soon (hint hint) from a few members
I can jam along.

Hey Brad, theres something trying to break out, lol, thanks

RicksPick

RicksPick

Mon May 09, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi Willem my dutch friend, yes thats the way I approched it, still a long way to go still to get it to sound more like the song
i.e not so many ups/ hammer on's. update to come.

Dennis many thanks for your comments/ support, hopefuly getiing back on track soon.

Thanks guys n gals

RicksPick

tovo

Mon May 09, 2011 2:58 pm

Rick I can't play the tune myself so hard to offer useful suggestions. I agree with what others have said you will refine it over some more time and get it down. Your strumming was good I thought, nice and 'loosey goosey' in the wrist (I need to thank Corey for that term). I thought that there were times when it was coming out pretty good. Look forward to the next progress video.

RicksPick

Mon May 09, 2011 3:30 pm

Cheers Tony,
Sorry for the close up but no hat handy, lol
Had the greens on so kept it tight.
The more I focus that strum the more I struggle
But time will tell
Thanks

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic