Beatles Here Comes The Sun by RicksPick

michelew

Mon May 09, 2011 4:33 pm

Rick,

I haven't tried this version yet, so I can't offer any advice.

But, it sounds like it's coming along and a great start.

Thanks for the peek.

M.

Lavallee

Mon May 09, 2011 4:39 pm

Hey Rick my friend, good to see a video from you. Here come the sun is sure a fun song. As you said it is work in progress I am sure it will up to par in no time. I notice that on the first riff when alternating the open E with the F# on the D chord that you do it twice in a row (sometimes 3) almost with just one strum apart. The first one should be the melody and the second is the link to go the the G chord, so I think they should be separated by a bit more than one strum.

Great to hear from you

Marc

skaladar

Mon May 09, 2011 5:07 pm

Hey Rick, I think this is really cool. I took a look at the lesson when it was posted a few days ago and promptly added it to my “to do” list, partly because I couldn’t figure out how I wanted to go about getting started with it. Now I know. I have no doubt it will smooth out for you as you get the melody notes a little more focused. I can’t wait to see your progress.

Thanks for posting this

♫ Ken ♫

Craig

Mon May 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Rick,
It sounds like you have a real good start to getting this one down. I haven't looked at this one yet, but it's definately on my "someday" list. Thanks for sharing.
Craig

BobR

Mon May 09, 2011 7:11 pm

Hi Rick,

No comments yet other than I think you're well on your way and I look forward to your next installment.

Bob

buddy

Mon May 09, 2011 7:15 pm

Rick,

Great to see a video from you !! You have made a lot pf progress on this song and it is not easy to play this far up the neck so kudos to you.

Bud

lueders

Mon May 09, 2011 8:22 pm

Good on you, Rick. You wasted no time getting this up...I am with Tony I haven't played/ practiced this enough to offer any help. I really like that you put it up for feedback...even though it isn't as polished yet as several as your other posts.
I think it is real good idea and commendable to have the guts to post some of these tunes in the middle stage...just like you did here. Great job, Rick it is coming along and will be before ya know it...I'm sure.

b.t.w. Tony, any of my silly phrases you want to borrow...well, that is fine by me.
(you don't even have to use quotations. lol!)

Cori (believe it or not this is how I spell it. It is my Dad' fault. Kind of a "Boy- named-Sue" kinda thing I guess with that wuss-ie spellling.)

RicksPick

Tue May 10, 2011 5:07 am

Hi thanks Michele, never thought of you as a peeker! :blush:

RicksPick
:P

RicksPick

Tue May 10, 2011 5:15 am

Marc my good friend, thanks yes got carried away the D chord, trying to clean it all up.

Thanks Ken, Im looking forward to more people posting this tune, I will post again soon.

Thanks Craig, the list gets longer all the time,, same here bud

Bob thanks becareful it could become a mini series

Hey thanks Buddy ;)

Thanks Lueders, thick skin helps, I wouldnt have any vids if a wait for perfection

Thanks peeps

Yamaha48

Tue May 10, 2011 4:51 pm

Hey hello my dear guitar friend.

Here comes the sun,and thats throuch.
Thanks fore sharing the first take that you done on this tune.
What can i say,i can repeat other persons words.
But try to slow it down,maby with a metronome.
I hope to show my progres very soon,on blackbird.
The metronome works for me.
Rick im looking forward to your progres.

Thanks my friend.

Cheers............Anton

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic