George Harrison Give Me Love by RicksPick

RicksPick

Wed May 11, 2011 4:35 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Hello Again

I have tried to keep this short, and threfore tried to play it near to the correct speed.
Tips on making this sound better whilst keeping the speed,
The bit I struggle with the most as you can tell is the syncapated A
Any help Appriciated
RicksPick

willem

Wed May 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Now i think i can say ''this is an great job'''...well i found it pretty good..

suziko

Wed May 11, 2011 4:44 pm

Hey Rick,

That seemed like a nice job on that song! I know the song but haven't looked at the lesson, so I can't really offer any advice. I thought you did a good job keeping a steady rhythm throughout (Neil would approve of that bouncing hand at the beginning!). Nice job getting those melody notes, too. I'd just say that you should try to add singing next time, if possible. That would really round out the song.

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 11, 2011 5:23 pm

Hi Rick... good man, taking the advice I don't keep to myself! ;-)

I thought your right hand work was really good on the flow and timing and on the syncopated part... I guess you meant your left hand then?
Anyway, I thought it was looking pretty shipshape and working well.

Edit: Maybe playing over the sound hole will improve the fullness of the sound... you seem quite high up the guitar with your right hand.

Yamaha48

Wed May 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Hey Rick my friend.

I have not follow the lesson from Neil,but what you playing sounds good to my ears.
Sorry i have not a tip for you.

cheers..Anton

Craig

Wed May 11, 2011 10:58 pm

Rick,
Nice work! I wish I could keep my right hand moving steady as well as you do. Very well done.
Craig

tovo

Wed May 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Rick I listened carefully and I thought it was really very good. The only suggestion I have is to perhaps vary the strumming a bit by putting more emphasis on the 1st down stroke of each measure? I could be right off the mark there so don't take it as gospel, but I thought that would sound pretty cool. That said, I think it's good as is.

rapsidy

Thu May 12, 2011 8:04 am

B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) B) sweet Rick B) B) B) B) B) B) sweet

dennisg

Thu May 12, 2011 9:10 am

You were like a human metronome on that one, Rick. Very good job.

sws626

Thu May 12, 2011 9:41 am

As everyone has mentioned, you do a fantastic job of keeping the right hand going. And the left hand seems to be keeping up perfectly, so I don't see any problems there at all.

The one suggestion I would have -- and this I think is related to Tony's comment -- would be to add some variation to the volume. I haven't listened to the original for a very long time, but I think that, with such a consistent tempo well nailed down, it would benefit from a lighter touch in some parts and stronger emphasis on others.

-Stuart

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic