buddy learning LAYLA guitar lesson

buddy

Sun May 15, 2011 10:30 am

Chas, The verdict is guilty as charged :-) Thanks for taking the time to give me some detailed and constructive feedback. You have now inspired me to learn the original solo. The one I put together was to fit in with the backing track that I was using but it does not play well without the backing track. Thanks again for the input and the inspiration.

Good luck with your big move as well.

Bud

AcousticAl

Mon May 16, 2011 8:41 am

Buddy,

Great quality all round. Is this an update from an earlier vid? If so- I must have missed it.

My favourite part of this was actually the solo. That's something I'd like to be able to do one day-- just noodle around and have it sound good. It doesn't have to be complicated and fingers flying to be a good solo. To paraphrase Neil from one of the TG Live's- "It just has to be meaty".

BobR

Mon May 16, 2011 11:21 am

Hi Buddy,

I thought you did a real good cover of this song. I liked the way you played along with the backing track and went off and did your solo. I've attempted this many times but not too close yet.

Thanks for sharing,

Bob

dennisg

Mon May 16, 2011 11:52 am

Another really solid job from you, Buddy. I can't begin to play that A-shaped barre of yours. Heck, I can't even play it when it's not a barre chord. Same comment about your vocal vibrato that I've made in the past. I won't mention it again. I don't have one bit of problem with you changing a solo to suit your mood. Guitar playing is about the emotion of the moment; writing lyrics is about an intellectual process. What applies to one doesn't necessarily apply to the other.

buddy

Mon May 16, 2011 7:00 pm

Al, Howdy my friend. Thanks for the input and glad you enjoyed this.

cosmicmechanic

Mon May 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Buddy, I haven't used the word "gorgeous" in a long time. Don't get me wrong ... I mean your performance :side:

Great to see you doing a laid back tune on a lighter subject (adulterous anxiety).

I've found it quite difficult to play Layla as slowly as it should be played ... there's always the habit of thinking of it as a rocker, because of the original version.

I also haven't used the word "groovy" in ages.

That was groovy !

Pierre

buddy

Mon May 16, 2011 7:01 pm

Bob, Appreciate the comments. Neil's lesson on blues scales has really helped me a lot.

buddy

Mon May 16, 2011 7:03 pm

Dennis, Yep that A shaped chord is a pain in the finger.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic