Moody Blues by neverfoundthetime

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 14, 2011 9:06 am

QUESTION - Moody Blues
No, I haven't been super fast at learning Neil's latest lesson in 18 hours flat! I recorded this about 18 months ago. So I'm posting before I follow the lesson. For me it's my starting point and I'm sure that although I may have some things right, others are off base and I really want to get this song down as best I can. For the first 20 years I spent holding a guitar in my hands, I wanted to play this song but felt sure I'd never manage it. Then 2 years ago I decided to get it learned knowing full well it would be more of a camp-fire version than anything else with many imperfections. This is the best I've been able to do. I have always felt that I will never get the fast strum down, it just seems beyond me and I'm not quite sure how to do it. If I can improve on this somehow..... my life will seem worth while ;-)!

Now I'm off to get stuck into the lesson and I can tell you it is one hell of a work out... but I maybe at greater disadvantage having learned to play as below... but I can't wait to find out.... this is all my birthdays rolled into one!

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

Lavallee

Sat May 14, 2011 9:35 am

Hi Chris, this a good start. I know this one of your favorite song. Voice is great of course. If you could get that strumming feel that Neil is showing, you would be the star whenever you play it.

Looking forward to see the next step
Marc

buddy

Sat May 14, 2011 9:41 am

Chris, what a great song. Sound great on the 12 string. As always, love your vocals and timing on this song.

Bud

Craig

Sat May 14, 2011 11:08 am

Chris,
Good idea posting a pre-Neil and post-Neil version of this song. I knew it was older because it is pre-music room! :)
Between your voice and your 12 string and your feel for the song, I can't wait to hear the updated version!
Craig

Chasplaya

Sat May 14, 2011 3:17 pm

neverfoundthetime wrote:
QUESTION - Moody Blues
this is all my birthdays rolled into one!

And man that is one hell of a lot of Birthdays, second time round too!

Chasplaya

Sat May 14, 2011 3:23 pm

Thats sounds great Chris, I haven't viewed the lesson yet so Id better go check it out. PLus not overly familiar with the song so need to check out original version.

tovo

Sat May 14, 2011 3:46 pm

Hey Chris great sound. It seems pretty damn good to me right now, so look forward to seeing it again once you have had some time to digest the lesson.

Chasplaya

Sat May 14, 2011 5:34 pm

Chris, I've now viewed the lesson and original and for what its worth you are certainly on the money, with Neils tips on the strum you should nail this no worries

sbutler

Sat May 14, 2011 5:44 pm

Chris, your voice and your twelve string are certainly suited to the song. And you really aren't that far off on the strumming, at least the song is very recognizable as is.

I'm sure you'll get it quicker than you think.

Scott

dennisg

Sat May 14, 2011 6:14 pm

I'm fairly certain that you're a lot closer than you think. You're just one strumming technique away from having it nailed. I know it's no small thing, but with your ability and perseverance, this'll be in your repertoire in no time.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic