Moody Blues by neverfoundthetime

sbutler

Sat May 14, 2011 7:17 pm

Something tells me that he'll find the time.

Never say never!!!

neverfoundthetime

Sat May 14, 2011 8:00 pm

Thanks for dropping in folks.... I will post the update if and when I get a handle on all that speed!

thereshopeyet

Sat May 14, 2011 8:42 pm

Thanks

BigBear

Sat May 14, 2011 8:48 pm

Chris- I think I've seen you play that song before. Did you post an earlier video of Question?

My theory is when you perform a song, you own it. I'm not sure that if you like your version of this great song I'd be inclined to change to Neil's. Yes, Neil's is a bit trickier and more challenging but you are also singing your version which rdlly adds to the "overhead".

If there are pieces of Neil's lesson that you can incorporate that might be fun but I certainly wouldn't jettison your version completely unless you don't like it.

Anyway, loved the song, your 12 string and your voice. What else is there? Just throw in some Jaegermeister and you've got it covered! LOL!

Great job my friend! :cheer:

haoli25

Sat May 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Moody Blues, a 12-string, and Chris singing...it doesn't get much better than that. Thanks for posting this video, my friend. Now I am off to find Neil's lesson.........

Bill Image

michelew

Sat May 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Chris,

What a marathon of a song. Pizza points to you just for getting to the end looking so calm and comfortable.

I don't know this song well enough to know how close you are and I haven't looked at Neil's lesson. But, I think you've already got it sounding damn good. It will be interested to hear how it changes once you have incorporated Neil's wisdom.

I'm likin' it already.

M.

cosmicmechanic

Sun May 15, 2011 2:38 am

Hi Chris,

Over the years I've done some walking, public transiting and also driving while listening to this tune and it was great at making me wonder where I was really going.

So I haven't heard it in a while, and now your performance has got me wondering about this again ...
Maybe that's why the song's title is "Question" ?

I'm very glad you favored us with this post, and this version is already so credible I suppose there's not that much to change ...

Pierre

willem

Sun May 15, 2011 2:47 am

Hi Chris,,it is great you upload again this song and it was already so recognazible and also a workout,,i've watched the lesson and i think also like the other's said i think you can do it,,otherwise i must bump up one of your great PEP talks to convince you..'

Willem

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 15, 2011 7:29 am

Thanks for the kind comments and encouragement everyone! Yes, this is the same video I uploaded about 18 months ago and I have not been able to improve on it which is why I'm so excited by Neil's fabulous lesson on it. And Bear, my friend, you have centred in on my predicament exactly. Because I've managed to get a passable version done I am faced with changing the whole deal or just bits and I'm not really sure what's what yet.... I'll know more as I move through the lesson. My initial feeling was... if I can just get the speed.... but I think it means re-working the whole way I'm playing. Lets see....

neverfoundthetime

Sun May 15, 2011 9:18 am

Another thought which comes to mind.... as I will have the 12 string tuned to open C tuning for the next couple of weeks.... does anyone know any other interesting songs in Open C? Is there a place where I can find a list of songs in Open C tuning? That would be really helpful. As it is, I've been trying out SEND ME NO WINE by the Moody Blues as an alternative and rest from working on QUESTION ... and as I work on that signature riff, I am wondering if this was how it was originally worked out... feels so much easier to play. Anyway, I'll be in Open C if any needs me :-).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic