jayswett learning Never Going Back Again guitar lesson

michelew

Fri May 20, 2011 9:04 am

Jay that sounds great! You've obviously put a lot of work into it. I'd be seriously happy if I'd gotten it to that point.

I just watched that episode of Glee tonight and it made me want to revisit it too

Tammy add me to the Gleek list. Yep I confess. It's such a great show.

Great job.

Michele

jayswett

Sat May 21, 2011 6:10 am

lueders wrote:
Spectacular, Mr. Buckingham!! I won't say much because your finger-picking prowess is light-years beyond mine!!!
I have one oddball question for you however...I noticed you have a kaiser capo there. I have a couple myself.
I think the clarity a person gets from them is great. I believe they are a popular capo too. But with this style of
capo do you find that the handle of the thing gets in the way when you are fretting & switching close to the nut
with...let's say... I dunno, maybe a B minor 7 chord?

Great job, Jay (please excuse my capo inquiry.)
\

I have fairly large hands, so all capos seem to get in my way from time to time. My impression is that the Kaiser capo isn't any worse than the others, at least for me, but I'm definitely open to making a change if it would help. I have a Shub (?) type capo buried somewhere around here. I should take it out and take another look at it.

jayswett

Sat May 21, 2011 6:12 am

michelew wrote:
Jay that sounds great! You've obviously put a lot of work into it. I'd be seriously happy if I'd gotten it to that point.

I just watched that episode of Glee tonight and it made me want to revisit it too

Great job.

Michele
Regarding Glee, I have found that I really enjoy the Warbler performances. Also, Curt's version of Blackbird was very nice. One of my favorite characters in the show is Curt's dad.

jayswett

Sat May 21, 2011 6:18 am

Lavallee wrote:
It was greatly played Jay, this one of the songs that is on my guaranty list of songs I will learn. If you do not mind sending mer your tab for the bridge< I would appreciate it marc.lavallee2@sympatico,ca

This is one song you could play at 48 below with your lady friend that has an angel voice.

Marc
I will get that tab to you. I played with Sue at the last open mic night, and it went well. Would love to have you and MarkM come back into town for an evening at 48 Below.

michelew

Sat May 21, 2011 4:26 pm

jayswett wrote:
michelew wrote:

Great job.

Michele
Regarding Glee, I have found that I really enjoy the Warbler performances. Also, Curt's version of Blackbird was very nice. One of my favorite characters in the show is Curt's dad.
I agree with you whole heartedly Jay. The Warblers, Kurt and Kurt's dad are great aspects of the show. I like all of the characters actually and love the music. The latest Rumours episode was priceless. Great music.

M.

tvarga

Sat May 21, 2011 6:52 pm

Hey Jay, that was great! Really enjoyed watching you pay this. I've been working on this one from time to time. I sure would love to be able to sing along with it, but as of yet, I don't have it down anywhere near well enough to make a go of it.

BTW, I live only 30 minutes from you. We should get together some time and jam!

-Tom

suziko

Tue May 24, 2011 10:16 am

hey Jay! Sorry for the delayed response. Been away from TG for a few days. That was really nicely played. I tried working on this for a while last year and just couldn't handle that double barre. It's a great song and I'd love to hear vocals added. Is that something you'd consider doing?

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic