jayswett learning Never Going Back Again guitar lesson

jayswett

Wed May 18, 2011 5:37 pm

I've been working on this song for a looooong time. Nearly two years, off and on. I saw a version of it on Glee last week so got back to work on it. Getting close, but I'm looking forward to some hints for improvement.

wammer

Wed May 18, 2011 5:50 pm

Good day fellow Gleek LOL

One word.......................Awesome

neverfoundthetime

Wed May 18, 2011 5:51 pm

Hey Jay, great to see a video from you ....sbeen a while. There is a lot of solid work there and looks like you have mastered it. I like this tune and you do a great job! Maybe one thing which could improve it is to have the higher notes come through stronger... sound a little bass and medium heavy... were you plugged in?

tovo

Wed May 18, 2011 5:57 pm

Hey J-man. Absolutely terrific. So clean and your timing as always is great.

I watched it before seeing any other comment so I can say that I agree 100% with Chris. The only improvement I can see is those high notes. Specifically when you go up to the 5th fret (relative to the Capo) I think those high notes need to be stronger as that is a signature part of the melody I think.

BUT....it's absolutely terrific Jay. I'm only offering this point as I know you want it.

Cheers,

Tony

beaker

Wed May 18, 2011 6:19 pm

Jay, I'd have to say that was excellent! Really liked it. Beaker.

BobR

Wed May 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Hi Jay,

You got the the hints for improvement so I just will say your hard work paid off and I thought it sounded great.

Bob

dennisg

Wed May 18, 2011 7:21 pm

Jay,

I am both immensely impressed and hugely envious at your playing this song. I love it! And I also love the fact that you learned the bridge section that isn't included in the TG tab. This song represents one of the dragons that I'm eager to slay, and watching you play it so well reminds me to get to work on this song. Really, a great job.

There's one part of the song that didn't sound quite right to me, and I'm going to apologize up front because I don't have the tab in front of me, so I won't be able to describe precisely where that part is or why it sounds off. But it comes immediately after that barre up the neck you do; it's a sort of transition section that comes right after Lindsey sings "Been down one time, been down two times..."

Still, that part represents about 0.1 percent of an otherwise brilliant version of this song.

buddy

Wed May 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Jay, Great to see you post up a video. I think you did a superb job on this tune. I did not know that you played a Seagull either so that was an extra treat to hear this song on one. You must have put a lot of work into that and it really payed off for you.

Bud

cosmicmechanic

Wed May 18, 2011 8:17 pm

Another wave of inspiration rolls in with guitar surfer Jay sitting on top of it ... great stuff !

Pierre

snipe

Wed May 18, 2011 8:39 pm

Jay,

Sounded pretty damn good to me!!

Mike..

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic