jayswett learning Never Going Back Again guitar lesson

willem

Thu May 19, 2011 6:12 am

Hi Jay,,thanks for reminding me to that song that i tryed also wayyyyyyyyy back,,,such a nice tune when you have the pickings down,, i really enjoyed you playing this,,can't offer you tips but i geuss you have some good ones to work with,,i really hope Neil is giving you a review 'cos hard work must get a bonus and we fly with it..i think there are a lot of people working on this song... i go listen again...to yours..

pbraun

Thu May 19, 2011 7:07 am

Jay that was excellent, smooth and easy to listen to. I thought you nailed that!
Pete

MarkM

Thu May 19, 2011 8:37 am

Jay I'm really late to the party on this one. I agree that you did a fabulous job. You've improved a great deal on this song. As you and others have said and I agree that the high notes ringing out a bit more would be a good thing. Your tempo was pretty close to the original from what I could tell. Maybe just a hair fast. This is very impressive and I hope to be able to play like this some day. Great job and thanks for sharing. We missed you last weekend. Oh and congratulations on the new guitar. It sounded very nice. I noticed that the bass and mids were very pronounced and clear.

MarkM

unclewalt

Thu May 19, 2011 8:45 am

The bridge, or little lead break or whatever, is actually pretty easy to figure out. Just back and forth on two bass notes with the melody over the top. And I say this as a person who is normally overly dependent on tabs. It's actually a lot easier than the rest of the song. It's also fun to improvise on that part - just keep those two bass notes going steadily throughout.

skaladar

Thu May 19, 2011 8:51 am

Very nicely done Jay. Sorry, I can’t offer any additional tips for improvement. Your hard work on this surely shows.
I really enjoyed listening to this and as it goes with most good videos, you’ve inspired me to take a look at the lesson and give it a try.
Thanks for that!

♫ Ken ♫

dekotaj

Thu May 19, 2011 9:07 am

Sounds Fantastic!!

Bravo!!!Jay.Always look forward to seeing your post.
Thanks for putting this one up.

Kevin

sws626

Thu May 19, 2011 10:29 am

Wow, Jay! That you've really brought this song home. I'm especially impressed with the timing and fluidity of your right hand. I do have one minor suggestion: It sounded to me as if you were get a slight buzz on some of the notes -- not the higher, but the louder ones. Maybe that's just an artefact of having the recording level too high; but, if not, a little bit of extra attention to getting really super clean fingering would really make it sparkle.
-Stuart

Craig

Thu May 19, 2011 11:32 am

Jay,
Great job! I think you played it very well. I'm really glad that you mentioned how long you have been working on this, off and on. I think that I tend to get very unrealistic about how long it sholud take me to learn a song. When a player such as yourself, who is obviously much, much better than I am says it took awhile to get a song down, it's very reassuring to me. I always enjoy your posts, thanks for sharing.
Craig

mark

Fri May 20, 2011 7:51 am

Great going Jay

I know you have mentioned this song on a few occasions as being a real hurdle for you.
You're pretty much there now.

RicksPick

Fri May 20, 2011 8:30 am

Hey Jay
What can I say

Fantastic is one of them

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic