TwoCatSam Margaritaville guitar lesson review upload

BobR

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Hi Sam,

You've already gotten plenty of really good advice. I just wanted to add that I have the same problem but not all songs. Some songs I can do it (sing and play that is ) but some are a bit more difficult.

Just keep practicing (and practicing ;)) until you get the guitar part down then the singing will follow.

Bob

buddy

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:07 pm

Thanks to all.............

I am going to work exclusively on this song.

And I will practice chewing gum tonight on our two-mile hike. :P

When I feel it's better, I'll post a repeat.

Thanks again.....

Samster

Lavallee

Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Hi Sam great attitude you have, Be willing to post your video, ask some questions looking for feedback, this is what this site is about.

Looking forward to your next iteration.
Marc

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Hi

OK, I've been working on this song. I know my strum pattern is not quite right, but I'm trying to hit the "one" correctly with the nome. I have been able to hum along some.

I welcome any criticism and help.

tovo

Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Hey Sam. Brilliant work mate. I see and hear definite improvement and the really positive thing is that you picked up yourself where you were speeding up, and you have identified that it's when you change chords that you tend to lose your timing a bit. It's hard to explain, but just don't rush the change, don't panic, you will get there. If you happen to strum a down or up before your chord is fully down in won't matter much, so whatever you do don't rush. Relaxed and "loosey goosey" as Cori likes to say is what is needed.

Keep up the good work Sam. All progress is good progress.

cosmicmechanic

Thu Jun 16, 2011 1:23 am

Hi Sam, just a quick word ...
I watched both videos, of course the second shows improvement.
Just want to say your enthusiasm is great to see, probably even contagious (achoo !)

Keep on !
Pierre

michelew

Thu Jun 16, 2011 10:43 am

Thank you both. What I need is a better metronome.

I am going to try this: While on the two-mile hike with the dogs, I will put in an earplug and strum on my ol' fat belly as if it were a guitar. At least my left hand and arm will be in training.

Does my guitar sound really bad? I mean, if Neil were playing it, would the sound be bad? Do I need to dig up a fruit jar?

Sam

willem

Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:08 am

TwoCatSam wrote:
Thank you both. What I need is a better metronome.

I am going to try this: While on the two-mile hike with the dogs, I will put in an earplug and strum on my ol' fat belly as if it were a guitar. At least my left hand and arm will be in training.

Does my guitar sound really bad? I mean, if Neil were playing it, would the sound be bad? Do I need to dig up a fruit jar?

Sam

Sam, your guitar sounds really nice and you made a very good improvement,,really,,,maybe slow down a bit more(a tad) and relax,,do some relax breathings before you start,,or just take a walk with the dogs,,after that take a thee and hit that strings..

Craig

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:28 pm

Thanks willem

Yes, I'll slow down a skosh more. Next time I'll use the visual function on the nome and see if it works better than listening for the "ting".

Samster

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic