Neil Young Unknown Legend- Chord Solo by AcousticAl

willem

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:25 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
willem wrote:

When you look at the vid from NY you see he muted the A string(with finger on C---Gchord),,, i think(maybe) you can just strum the first melody notes(''she used to'') cos they are low and add melody on ''work in a diner'',,these are higher ( B-B-B-C),,the same on the following words ''never saw a (low notes) woman look finer''(A-B-B-C),,after that the melody stay's high, '' I used to order just to watch her float across the floor(D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-B-A-G-G),,on the lyricks ''cross the floor''there is the measer 2/4(the only place were that happens),,on the following lyrics you can do the same i think,,,well i looked to a sheet i have and maybe it helped a bit..

I tore a page out of Mr. Young's book with the muting-
Doubt you'd notice but I muted the high e string with my pinky for most of the song. I tried not to play/strum any notes higher than the melody.
(I listened in class Mr. Hogan)

Oke AL,,can you sent me the link from Hogans class,,can't find it anymore on this huge site,,,

AcousticAl

Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Willem,

There is no lesson on this song.
I meant that I took what I learned from Neil's chord solo lessons and figured out 'Unknown Legend' (sort of)

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:46 pm

What can I tell you Al, I don't do chord solos myself although I probably should so I can't really comment..... except to say I hope you are uploading what I hope you are (if that makes sense!).

Yamaha48

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:47 pm

Hi Al.

Thanks for share this nice video.
You do a good job my friend.
Im lookin forward to a upload.

cheers.........Anton

AcousticAl

Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Tom- Right back at you! BTW- I thought of you yesterday.. I played guitar so freakin' much that I hurt my back! Not kidding. Bad posture? Reaching around the big Martin? Anyways- hoping it will pass SOON.

Chris- Sorry- no such luck. Hoping this other one by Jack Johnson will suffice?

Anton- Thanks for your comments.

BobR

Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Hi Al,

I think you're well on your way with this one. A bit of a stumble around 1:00 but other than that It is sounding real good.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

Lavallee

Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi Al, I think it sounds really nice. I was wondering if you could not included a bit of percussion. In neil Young video, the drum is doing that, but I think that it could be integrated quite weel, I saw you video of More than words and you are in control of that technique (I mena the thumb slapping).

Funny thing, I was watching your video and my phone rang ... at 58 sec, then it was like you gave me the eye. I was laughing..... Some of those timings .....

Marc

AcousticAl

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Bob- SHHH! I was hoping people wouldn't notice that stumble! :laugh: Actually I'm glad it happened as that seems to be one part I always mess up. I didn't want this vid to be better than I usually play it.

Marc- Good idea. I might have to mess around with that (in a few days). The family is a little tired of hearing that song right now.

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:54 pm

Al, all I can add is that when you get this worked out to your own satisfaction, and then add your best Neil Youngish voice to this ...

It's gonna be such a blast :)

Pierre

Craig

Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:21 am

Al,
I've always liked this NY tune. Chord solos are above my ability level so I can't offer any ideas. However, I like what you've done so far. It sounds like you are right on the verge of having it all figured out. Well done, keep up the good work!
Craig

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic