America Sister Golden Hair by michelew

michelew

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:46 am

Marc thanks for your encouragement and especially the advice on wrist position. I'll definitely give it a go. I've been finding that little changes in finger shape and position make a big difference.

Pierre - thanks. On the sad-happy song continuum I think this is definitely more of a happy song. It has hope. And it's fun. I'm sure that our collaboration will sound awesome. Thanks for your nice comments.

Stuart - well it's nice to know that I'm in good company. I promise to get back to my true calling soon. But, the occasional dabble with a happyish-sad song feels good. So which sad song are you working on? I love your work. Thanks.

thanks guys.

Michele

haoli25

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm late to the party again, Michele. WOW!!!! You are the "Queen Of Barre Chords". Your video was just an absolute delight to watch and listen to. I really enjoyed your playing and singing on this one. I am off to watch it a few more times.

Bill Image

michelew

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Thanks Bill!!

Queen of barre-chords eh? You're way too kind. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Michele

jayswett

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:12 am

Not much to say about that other than congratulations on a job well done. I haven't taken on predominantly barre chord song yet, but definitely should since I need some work on them. I made a mental note so spend some time with Lay Lady Lay when it came out a month or so ago, but haven't yet made that happen. I will do so this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration.

michelew

Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:39 am

Thanks Jay. It's a great barre-chord work out. Lay Lady lay is a cool song. I'm happy to be able to pay back some inspiration, you've definitely inspired me heaps.

Michele

rapsidy

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 am

Hi Michelle

I dont think i have seen a strumming video of yours yet so i really enjoyed it, tough song to sing as well, i enjoyed it though, it encourages everyone just to have a go , have some fun and the more you do it the better it gets and the confidence will come, i believe that is the key to singing, if your nervous and self concious everything will just tense up ie your throat, which makes it harder to sing.

top job

Brad

michelew

Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:12 am

rapsidy wrote:
Hi Michelle

I dont think i have seen a strumming video of yours yet so i really enjoyed it, tough song to sing as well, i enjoyed it though, it encourages everyone just to have a go , have some fun and the more you do it the better it gets and the confidence will come, i believe that is the key to singing, if your nervous and self concious everything will just tense up ie your throat, which makes it harder to sing.

top job

Brad
Thanks Brad! You're sweet. So ... my singing 'encourages everyone just to have a go'...cause they're thinking 'damn ... I'll sound great after that!' :)

Yep, those nerves and the tight throat thing. I hope to get over it at some point. Thanks for the peep talk and the encouragement. It helps.

Michele

dennisg

Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Hi Shel,

Sorry I'm so late joining the party. Everyone has made excellent points about the things you're doing really well in this very challenging song. About the only thing I can add is that you've improved the song by an order of magnitude from the last time I heard you play it. And that's about the most anyone can hope for: sincere effort rewarded by measurable improvement.

If I have to end a wonderful vacation, there's no better way to do it than to come home to a terrific video from someone I really admire. Bravissima!

michelew

Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:51 am

Grazie uomo dolce.

Thanks Den. Since the version you saw was like driving off a cliff and crashing and burning on the rock below, I'm SO SO SO glad that you think this video is an improvement.

It's good to have you back. I'm looking forward to a tale or two from your cycling adventures and a new video from you perhaps inspired by your trip too.

Thanks

Shel.

mbleier

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:07 pm

Well, there isn't much left to be said on this one but I figure another great job is always appreciated. I wish I could have song prefect, but when you get to the space with a song, like you did on this one, where you can just strum away and have a good time is what playing guitar is all about in my mind. Thanks for sharing and I think I may have to go check this one out, could always use more work on the bar chords.

Awesome work,

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic