America Sister Golden Hair by michelew

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:31 am

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

OK - This is FAR from perfect, but at least I got through it without fluffing ALL the words, and laughing like a crazy thing.

I'm still glad I don't have to sing for a living or to save my life, but it's out there.

Barre chords and I are starting to make friends but we still have a ways to go before we're good mates.

All advice welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Michele

lueders

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:48 am

Michelle, that was refreshing to see you laughin; & just lettin 'er rip on this!!! You were real loosey-goosey up there having fun. I think this good for ya sometimes. You're a solid performer and you always have been. So I love to see a video like this from you where you're about 80-90% there. I think you've got a pretty good feel for the tune and the barres are coming along just fine.

I think I've decided that being a little bit nonchalant at times is just as important as being overly on the perfectionist side of the equation.I've found when I do that too much I tense up and get too obsessed with clarity/precision...that is when I quit taking big pick strokes (with a little zip on 'em) or loose the nimbleness/feel that most finger picking songs call for. I dunno...that's the way I see it. all about balance as you know.

Did ya lose your pectrum? Look like you were watching something fly across the room about the time you got to the
the"Bomp du a doo domm" part the outro...

RicksPick

Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:57 am

Knocked for six

Well Michele I dont have advice just praise
You and Barre's,
Anyone who can play that many in one song without singing,,,
And you were singing too, I would say you and Barres,, thick as thieves, ( as the saying goes)

Then the singing, moved on again, you keep raising that bar.
When you wernt concentrating on the guitar you relaxed and so did your voice
So I know theres more to come

Can you tel Im impressed :ohmy:

RicksPick

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:13 am

I think I've decided that being a little bit nonchalant at times is just as important as being overly on the perfectionist side of the equation.
Words of wisdom from Cory, I couldn't agree more. Infact, you can probably make the most significant progress from going "Loosey Goosey" as Cory puts it :-)

Well that was a brightening moment of the day fro me Michele, just loved it. And I have to say you handled those barre chords like a real hero. I love AMERICA and this is a favourite song which you did just to. So thanks gal for posting!

willem

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 am

Micheleeeeeeee,,first of all i like your smile at the end,,i watched two in a roll but did'nt see the plectrum fly and i think that was'nt,,you got that pattern(progression?) well down and now you got to advice us on the barre's..

I certainly want to meet you,,everywhere !!!

Advice on the singin,,i can't give you,,i hope this site turn's out in one big belting research on guitar playing and the singin 'cos we like it so much...

What is your favorite pizza???????

BobR

Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:32 am

Hi Michele,

That was real fun to watch. You're getting quite a barre chord workout there and you're getting them mostly. How's your left hand after that exercise?

Anyway I can see you are having fun and it's working.

Nice job !

Thanks for sharing

Bob

dekotaj

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:05 pm

BRAVO!!!BRAVO!!!BRAVO!!!

WOW girl that's what I'm talking about,Knock the strings off that guitar!It's A real JOY to watch you play and sing.You had my foot a tapping and my chair a moving.And had me singing along with you.But when you were done my hand was sore from watching you play all those Barre chords.LOL

My best advice is to keep banging them out and posting them.Thank you for starting my morning out with a bang.

BRAVO!!
Kevin

Yamaha48

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:07 pm

Hello Michele.

Good to see your lovely smile on your face.
This song have a lot off barrs.
Have you try this song a little slower to play,for your self?.
4 years ago,i learning a lot of barr chords.
When i play a song in open chords,i try to play it in barr chords.
Evry day i play a lot of barr chords.
I know you can do it.
When im whatching your video,i missing de open chords,A,B,E,
One week ago i follow this lesson from Neil.
I think that de open chords,A,B,E are more easy for you.
Thanks for this nice video,good work.
Im lookin forward for a upload.

cheers........Anton

skaladar

Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:38 pm

Ah Michele. It was great to see your video. It's been a while, hasn't it? ... Boy, talk about an exercise in barre chords! I was trying to follow the pattern while I was singing along and it isn’t easy. You look like you had fun with that, as it should be, and I had fun watching. I have to agree with the thoughts above about being loose about it and just putting it out there. You’re doing great with this and a little time will only make it shine even brighter :-)

Thanks for sharing …

♫ Ken ♫

tovo

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:06 pm

Shel when you mentioned that you were working on this I thought it was a great choice. Not sure there is a better barre chord workout on the site, plenty of them and pretty quick changes. I applaud your choice and I applaud your attitude.

I never thought I would be jealous of fingers! Who knew?

I think you have discovered the vehicle to take your barre chords to the level you want them to be at. Look forward to your next effort, I would really like to see you post this one again after some further time with it.

Finally, kudos for singing it as well, that increased the challenge significantly.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic