America Sister Golden Hair by michelew

Chasplaya

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:11 pm

Well done Michelle, great barre workout and singing too.. we are spoilt aren't we!

I agree with the other comments this is a great song to play for barres but the more relaxed you are the easier it becomes. I reckon this is the most relaxed vid from you yet, certainly getting comfortable in front of the camera now.

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:43 pm

Thanks

Craig

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Michelle,
Very nicely done. The barres are difficult enough on this song, but to be able to sing it at the same time is quite an accomplishment. I really enjoyed watching you have fun! Keep up the good work.
Craig

dekotaj

Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Wów Shel! Some wórkout!!!!! :ohmy:

And indeed, some pattern, pffffff...how many chords are in there, 6? You handled it so well, I loved the muting and you also have a very natural feeling for timing and rhythm, very well done!

This was really a great video to watch, with singing, playing and smiling and all, I just loved it all, just keep hitting those barre-chords girl!!

Don't keep us waiting too long for the next one will you?! ;)

Nessa

Music Junkie

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:37 pm

Michele:

Great start! My hand hurts and starts to cramp up toward the end of this song..... :laugh: The strumming looked pretty solid and I really dug the "loosey goosey" style. Kudos for singing as well. It does my heart good to see you attempting something so fun. With your fine finger work in the past on the fingerpicking songs, it seems you have made great progress on the barre chords. Good hand position.

Way to go young lady! B) B)

Jason

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:39 pm

Thanks everyone! Well it just never ceases to amaze be how sweet and generous you all are. I'm wearing a huge smile after reading these comments. :)

Cori - Thanks. A legend suggested that perfection takes too long and to post progress videos. Who am I to argue with a superhero? Tension: well my throat was tense enough for my whole body, perhaps it was acting as a magnet and pulling it away from the rest of me. It is a fun song to play. I didn't lose my pick, but there was an almight crack to the right of me. It distracted me for the rest of the song. I still don't know what it was. Thanks for your encouragement and support.

Rick - Thanks. 'knocked for six' eh? Well I'm glad you liked it. The playing and singing at the same time dealio still has a ways to go, but you should have seen the last recording...hilarious...the term 'straight-jacket' comes to mind. So how are your blues coming along?

Chris - Thanks. I wouldn't say hero (i still can't even approximate A-shaped barre chords) but they are improving slowly from the days when Suzi and I made the Ban(d)She pact. The day I can sing like you is the day I won't stop singing. I've been getting into America a little lately, they're great. And this is a fun song to play. Thanks for the great support.

I'm posting this now so I don't lose the writing again. Then I'll continue...

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:06 pm

Thanks continued...

Willem - Thanks. You're right, the pick didn't escape so you're powers of observation are just fine. I intend to just keep singing. I'm hoping to stop cringing at some point. Practice makes perfect right? My barre-chord advice...just keep playing them, they slow start to sound better; somedays they're OK, other days/moments they sound like crap. If my transporter wasn't on the blink I'd beam over to the Netherlands in a flash and meet you for a coffee and a collaboration. I must get it fixed. Know any good transporter-techs? Pepperoni, but I like all traditional pizzas; just don't send me tandori chicken or anything crazy like that. Thanks you're sweet. B)

Bob - Thanks for the encouragement. Your video some time back inspired me to give this a go. It's a fun song to play. And some days I've definitnely worn my hand out trying to play the barre chor that's for sure. Thanks again.

Kevin - Thanks. You're so sweet. Well I'm happy to be able to pay you back a little for the enjoyment I've gotten from watching your videos. Thanks for being so supportive. Yes, I'll upload more often if you do too. Thanks.

Anton - thanks. Your 'Hit the Road Jack' made me want to learn barre chords. I do like the B, A, E section; it's a lot of fun. I generally practice this to the album at about 70% speed or less, but camera nerves always make me speed up. Thanks for watching.

Posting...

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:27 pm

Thanks continued...

Ken - thanks. Yep it's been sbout 5 months, perhaps my longest gap to date. Life's been busy [insert other more convincing excuses here - scrap the it's too cold to drag myself away from the heater to play one]. It's a fun song to learn and even more fun to play. Give it a go. Thanks.

Tony - thanks mate. Well I'm jealous of your voice so there you have it. Alright jealous is the wrong work. You did SUCH a good job with this song in your video, and made it look so easy that I just had to try it. I'm glad I did. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bob - I just remembered it was your version of 'While My Guitar Gently Weeps' that got me Playing barre chords.

Chas - thanks mate. Looks can be deceiving. But I'm glad I look more relaxed. Now if I can just take that clamp off my throat. Thanks.

Dermont - thanks. All I can say is that if you just keep playing the barre chords they eventually start to sound OK and to approximate the chord. Neil's pumping technique really worked for me. Well to the point where I'm probably muting too much as a consequence, but it's a lot of fun.

Nessa - Thanks, you're the sweetest. Well your comments made me smile big time, there's nothing like getting praise from your favourite superhero. Yep 6. And 'Yes Boss' I'll post the next one a bit sooner. Thanks! B)

michelew

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:37 pm

A couple more thanks.

Craig - Thanks. This is a cool fun song. With your boy hands I'm sure you'd findit a bit easier than I did. Give it a go. Thanks for the comments.

MJ - thanks. I had quite a few cramps I can tell you. Still you don't get anywhere if you don't try and keep trying right? You crack me up with your 'young lady'. Have you SEEN my grey?? I'm probably older than you are. You do know my little girl is 25 right? Haha. Thanks for your support.

Well thanks everyone again. It was so nice waking up to these sweet words.

Michele

thereshopeyet

Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:44 pm

Thanks

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic