Doobie Brothers by Lavallee

lueders

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:42 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
So I just watched the lesson- and I'm even more impressed, Marc!

I know it's subjective, Neil.
But a 5??!
Yeah, Ditto, Al... honestly I can remember thinking the same thing!
I put that tab away and scampered off like a scared rabbit...

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jun 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Marc, this is kind of a video marathon ... it's worth noting how difficult it can be to make a video of this duration without stumbling along the way.

I had a look at Neil's lesson and this is getting pretty close to what it should be. Also, nice little bass notes here and there.

I guess this shows you have good concentration. I'm sure you had this ability beforehand, but applying it to guitar on camera takes some doing.

Great stuff !
Pierre

Lavallee

Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:35 pm

Hi Rick, thanks for the good comments. I had not much chance to play lately, but I had this one in process for quite a while

Thanks Mike, I was actually thinking of using my electric guitar but finally use the acoustic. I have not touch Listen to the music but I worked more on Long train running

Thanks Suzi, there is no rush or deadline, I am glad you had the timeto watch. The chucka are actually quite challenging because you have to use the middle finger to mute and relax all the fingers to mute all the strings while doing an A shape bar chord

Hi Al, I was also thinking that 5 seems an understatement, I am glad you feel this way

HI Cori, the rabbit thing made laugh out loud while I was in the dentist waiting room

Thanks Pierre, the camera is difficult for me as well, I always seem to be missing something. But it is not a competition, and it is a fun song to play

Marc

Yamaha48

Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:52 am

Hello my friend Marc.

The Dooby brotthers,pow wouh!!!!!.
I like that music,and its not easy to play.
You do a good job,but give it the time.
You workin good on the song.
Hope to see a upload.

cheers..................Anton

jayswett

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 am

Well done, Marc. You don't have much to go before you have that just right. It got better and better as the video progressed. I am looking forward to seeing you play that live.

Lavallee

Sat Jun 18, 2011 11:48 am

Thanks Anton, I will keep working at it

Hi Jay, thanks for the comments, if I ever play it live with you, you do the singing :)

Marc

Chasplaya

Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:02 am

Wow that was an impressive marathon from our wandering Minstrel. Whenever do you get the time to practice, you pop up all over the world! Timings ben mentioned and I'm sure from your comment you are well aware of it and will easy rectify that. The consistency with the muting and the runs got me , I need to take another look at this now.

Good on ya mate.

rapsidy

Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:39 am

hhhhmmmm it needs improving :huh: :huh: :huh: ?????

pretty awesome marc

Brad

Lavallee

Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:18 pm

Thanks Chas, there is not much chance to practice when I am away (visiting Guitar Center sometimes). When I an home I put a fair amount of time though. the strum / mute sequence took me a while, but the accuracy of the picking is what counts on this song especially in the chorus. This is what I found the most difficult and still struggling. But there are quite a few techniques in the song which makes it worthwhile to learn.

Thank you Brad, Needs improving in a sense that the counting method (I have no method) needs to be addressed and the accuracy of the picking. I think overall if it does not sounds like Neil, there is still some work to be done.

Marc

neverfoundthetime

Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:36 pm

Hey, nice job Marc! You've been practising away on that one for sure. I haven't seen the lesson but that was sounding pretty good to me.
Good to see a new video from you ... even if I'm late to the party. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic