MarkM 4 + 20 guitar lesson review upload

MarkM

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:07 pm

Hi all. Notice I didn't say Y'all yet....

Anyway I had an opportunity for a very brief few hours at home (this doesn't happend much anymore) alone and I had been messing around with D modal a bit lately. We'll here is a nice song that I hadn't visited for over a year. I really couldn't do it last year but for some reason the fingers were working better today. It's a very quick video and the quality isn't very good. Also you'll notice at the end I got some static from my cell phone that was near by. I hope you enjoy and please let me know if you have any suggestions. One more month and I'll be back to normal in the new place................when I can spend some time on these things.

MarkM

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dennisg

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:25 pm

Yahoo! Absolutely flawless playing, Mark. Steve Stills never played it any better. Great to see you back here. I keep promising myself I'm going to learn that, and seeing a great version like yours is really inspiration to dig into the lesson.

stratman3

Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:27 pm

Mark,

there is nothing wrong with your fingers, sounds like you nailed it....nice.

Gary B)

haoli25

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:11 pm

That was excellent, Mark. You nailed it. (OR, Y'all nailed it) :) Your video makes me want to go back and have another look at '4 + 20' again. Thanks for posting your video.

Bill

d_dog

Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:20 pm

Excellent picking and finger Mark! I'm glad you got some time to play, great to hear from you. You really have that picking down well.

haoli25

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:21 am

Way to go Mark, good to see you sitting down and play the guitar in between during these busy times, and gosh how well did you play this one, it has always been one of my favourites of Stills, great to see you nailing it! :cheer:

Also your steady tempo was very good! When going into the part wich starts on the 3rd fret, right before that (so you're still on D) there is a beat or so missing. I think it's because of the phrasing of the lyrics wich aren't that easy that made you go to the 3rd fret to fast.

So if you can get that missing beat in there as well, you got it down completely, very well done Mark, I really enjoyed it!

Cheers

Ness

lueders

Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:53 am

That was quite nice!!! Lilting, melodic, and satisfying. Really, really, nice Dude!! Liked the little extras you put into it too with the little rhythmic taps on the guitar
body/ pick guard . That is one fine song and you kicked its butt. Thanks for the awesome post.
Good to see the move didn't take all the guitarin' outta ya.

Cori

pbraun

Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:27 am

Nice Mark! After not playing it for a while you couldn't tell from that!. Good to see your able to get a little guitar time in though the rigors of relocating.
Are you enjoying the heat of Atlanta yet?
Pete
FYI- after over 20 years here I still don't say Y'all (or fixing to)

skaladar

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:06 am

That was excellent Mark. I agree with the consensus, you nailed the picking as if you were playing it regularly. Given the circumstances, limited time, the stress from relocating etc. I am impressed (but not surprised) that you were able to get a video uploaded at all, much less one of such good quality. Give yourself some credit Dude … you deserve it.

Thanks for sharing

♫ Ken ♫

AcousticAl

Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:41 am

There's the sign that guitar playing is in your blood-
you don't let a new job, a new house in a new state stop you from playing and uploading a video!!

Great job here. I liked the little extras you put in (hammer ons).

Now get those boxes unpacked!! (or packed?) Have you actually moved yet?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic