Muriel Anderson Vincent by nesh16041972

Craig

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:34 am

Wow Vanessa, simply beautiful. I'm at a loss for words...
Craig

Yamaha48

Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:16 am

Hello vanessa:

Great to see your vid.
A good start of the day for us.
I think a lot of work for this song.
I shal show it to jasper.
Thanks for sharing vanessa.
Cheers...anton

Chasplaya

Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 am

Tony took the words out of my mouth if that's not classed as advanced then I have no idea what is... Class of your own that's for sure. Simply wonderful.

Encore!!!

willem

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:25 am

Vanessa(no i don't use the sweetie one,,this is to serious music),your experience of playing and knowledge of guitar playing and music paid of again and what can we learn a lot from this (you),,for me i think what you mean with''to add more'' i geuss it is more more feeling sounds out of the strings,,,so i hope you put up a other vid(after the thousand times) and show us you nailed it completly...hope the master comes in...would it be awesome that Muriel would say something to you and yeah, i find her awesome tooo.. i heard a while back some music from her on guitar that sounded like a banjo,,i was so suprised and now this one. super. you as well..

suziko

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:02 am

Nessa,

Wow!! i don't know what nerves you were talking about- this seemed pretty much perfect to me! I'd only listened to part of Muriel's version, and I didn't know that the harmonics would come up in the second verse. That was a REAL treat! Just beautifully played, the whole way through. I've always loved Vincent, and seeing you play it so sweetly makes me love it even more. I'm sure there are parts you want to smooth out, but luckily you've now got a lovely song added to your repertoire that you can practice for the rest of your life. And anyone in hearing-distance will be in for a treat!

Suzi

P.S. This is probably explained in her video, but why do you have "Chet Atkins" in parentheses after Muriel's name? Is the arrangement inspired by his style of playing?

neverfoundthetime

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:29 am

Absolutely beautiful Vanessa!

There are so many levels to your performance it is hard to know what to mention first. There is true beauty in the way you play this wonderful song. Your expression is perfect, it goes straight to the heart within the first opening notes and carries one all the way through so that one becomes lost in the performance, captivated.

And I have to agree with every word Tony wrote, my thoughts exactly.

Way to go girl!

beaker

Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:24 am

Vanessa, My compliments to you. That was very good. I liked it. Beaker.

jim56

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Simply Beautiful Vanessa!

buddy

Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:37 pm

Ness, this was a joy to watch. You have this pretty far along already and I can't wait to see the finished product.

jayswett

Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:33 pm

Very nice.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic