Muriel Anderson Vincent by nesh16041972

coomba

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:24 pm

Vanessa
I love it when you post an upload they are are always special.
Thank you for a great start to my day
Cheers
Scott

willem

Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:53 pm

Well my TG-friends, you've all warmed my heart again :blush: , what a great and supportive community this is!

Hydro: Wow, you jumped in pretty fast and put my first véry big smile on my face, made it worthwhile immediately, thank you!!!

Kevin: Thanks for the Bravo Kevin :) , am very happy that you've enjoyed it, thanks!

Pierre: Oh you're so sweet Pierre, thank you very very much! Singing, well it's an instrumental ;) , although I like playing and singing the original as well, but with this arrangement for once I shut up! :P

Scott: It really makes me very happy that you find it pure happiness to listen to, means a lot to me, thank you very much!

Cori: Haha, you've made me laugh again my friend and you're so sweet :cheer: ! I have to admit, for many years I had no idea that this song was about 'our' Vincent van Gogh, I mean, why would an american sing a song about a dutch guy? Has he become that famous after all??? It just didn't occur to me, however I do know now, haha! :P

Michele: Aaaaah Shel, you're the sweetest! :cheer: And yep, big jumps, harmonics, stretches, I'd say challenging enough :blink: ! Straight to the heart....well if I can accomplish that, even just a tiny bit, then I'm really really happy! But as you know....still far from what I want it to be....however, in time..who knows?! So keep a handkerchief closeby twenty years from now! :P

Marc: Well if my touch on the strings sounds 1% like Muriels then I'm already.......well the compliment means more than a great deal to me...thank you Marc!

Tony:.... :blush: ....uh....just.. :blush:

Bill: Haha, your dutch is getting better and better Bill, thank you very much!! :cheer:

Craig: Well I know what you mean Craig, but I appreciate it very much, you're sweet, thank you!

Anton: Hey Anton, am very glad you enjoyed it and I hope Jasper will too, thanks my friend!

Chas: Haha, thank you very much Chas, that's so sweet, just great to hear that you enjoyed it, thank you very much!

Willem: The master jumping in, now that would be great indeed! But Muriel saying something to me? Well.....I'd be....at lost of words :blink: ....my oh my, that would be something...haha, yeah, keep dreaming :lol: ! Anyway, thanks a lot Willem, I really appreciate it and yep, after a thousand times I'll upload it again! ;)

Suzi: Hey my friend, am glad you're back! And you're so right, there is a lot that I want to smooth out and I will have the rest of my life to do so ;)! ...as for the arrangement, it is Muriels, but it's mostly taught to her by Chet Atkins. It has evolved and developed during the years, but basically and originally it's his arrangement. Anyway, thank you so much for you sweet words, they always mean a lot to me!

Chris: :blush: And I thought we were even according to 'blushing-favours'! :P Thanks Chris, am speechless...

Beaker: Thanks Beaker, am very glad that you liked it :) , thanks again!

Jim: Thank you very much Jim, that's simply just great to hear! ;)

Buddy: So great to hear you've enjoyed it Bud, appreciate it, thanks!

Jayswett: Thanks!

Scott: Oh gosh, you've put a big smile right back on my face again, that's so very sweet, thank you very much Scott, I'm flattered! :blush: :)

Thank you very much all, like I said, reading all of you is indeed heartwarming, thanks for all your sweet and encouraging comments!

Ness

millponddave

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:39 pm

Vanessa,

I may be jumping in here a little late but I have to second what everyone else has already said. Your playing never ceases to amaze me. I can only dream of ever being able to play like that. Such feeling!

Dave

NKenny

Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:52 pm

I'm a little late too Vanessa, That was truly beautiful and you are an advanced player as Tony has said.

NKenny

mark

Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 am

You had me all sucked in with all that talk about a work in progress!
You then produced another beautiful performance

skaladar

Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:12 am

Vanessa … there’s not much that I can add that hasn’t already been said. Simply outstanding performance as always!

My only minor regret is that since this is an instrumental arrangement I (we) are not going to get to hear your lovely voice added to this wonderful song. That is unless of course, when you do get Muriel’s arrangement to where you like it you will also indulge us with you singing a simpler version. The lyrics to this song are especially meaningful and add so much to the piece. It would be wonderful to hear your rendition as only you can do it.

On another note ♫. I hope that your effort here might help get Neil off of his video review hiatus. It seems it’s been 2 months or more since a video was reviewed. I, for one, think his reviews are an important part of the overall learning experience. I don’t think he’ll be able to offer much more than praise (especially since it’s Muriel’s arrangement) but I would love to hear his comments.

Once again, thanks for the wonderful performance and for proving there ARE advanced players here :-)

♫ Ken ♫

dennisg

Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:43 pm

Vanessa,

You have my absolute, complete, total, and undying respect and admiration for your immense talent. That was a phenomenal effort that, were I able to duplicate it, would bring great pride to my heart. Since I can't play like that, I'm going to have to be satisfied with watching your video over and over to see how it's supposed to be done -- and to feel pride for you.

mcfingers

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:37 pm

So beautiful. It sure didn't look like work. I would buy it if it were on iTunes. Simply wonderful.
Cheers,
Steve

schm040

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:40 pm

Ness,

Hey. You learned that pretty fast and the barres and tough pinky stretches are looking great, well the whole thing sounds great.

I just bought the music from Muriel's website and can't wait to start learning this one.

Thanks for the inspiration, now for the perspiration.

Matt

Hydroman52

Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:58 pm

Dave: Thank you so much Dave for your always supportive and sweet comments, just great to read those :) , thanks again!

Kenny: Hi Kenny, thanks so much for dropping by...and..and....that's really a great compliment, thank you, appreciate it very much!

Mark: Well Mark, I'm really really pleased that you found it a beautiful performance, even when it needs a lot more work, you must know what I mean. What are yóu working on nowadays? Anyway, thank you very much Mark!

Ken: Aaah you're really sweet Ken, as you always are to me! :blush: :) As for reviews, I couldn't agree with you more, I really miss those for quite a while now (two months) and I indeed would love to hear what he has to say, I mean hé was actually the one who invited the students working on this song to keep him posted on it (in the news-wrap up 1 july). As for Don McClean's 'Vincent', well....it's just a beautiful and intense and moving song, your little push does inspire me, so I might, hopefully I can do it justice :dry: , but I need to get into the lyrics, since I don't know them by heart ...anyway...thanks again Ken for all your sweet words, means a lot to me!

Dennis: :blush: :blush: :blush: you've blown me away....am speechless...

Thanks again guys, very much so!

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic