Muriel Anderson Vincent by nesh16041972

tombo1230

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:37 pm

Hey TG-friends!

Besides being busy with fun collaborations, I've been actually working on a song, wich is obviously this beautiful arrangement by Muriel Anderson (Chet Atkins) of 'Vincent'. I was indeed up for a challenge and therefor I was very happy that this one came out, since the arrangement of this moving song is just gorgeous..

However, it's really me wórking on the song. It's two verses and two chorus'.

And what can I say, the camera sucks big time....turn it on and everything just......aaaaaaargh :S :blink: ! However, for now this is the best I can come up with on camera.

Of course I will work on the bridge as well, but I wanted to share with all of you where I'm at in the proces of learning this. In honest, I'd also really like to know from Neil whether or not I'm on the right track..

Then again, I just need to play this song like a thousand times more....there is só much to put into this wich I'm working on and wich goes better indeed when the camera is turned off.... :( .........still, watching Muriel play this makes me feel like a guitar-baby....my oh my, she is just áwesome!

Well enough rambling and justifications, a work in progress, I just truly hope you'll enjoy this for now! :)

Cheers

Ness

For those who are working on the song as well, I used the tab of course, however Muriel's play through is different here and there, variations that I did use as well...and sometimes it's just me not thinking too much about what strings to pick....or the fill in, wich you can fill in any way you want...

As for the tab itself I'm pretty sure that for instance in measure 48 she keeps the 7th fret in the bass instead of the 9th. Or measure 24, first note on the 7th fret instead of the 5th. Or measure 16 and 41 at the first beat she only plays the top strings followed by the bassnote, instead of playing those at the same time, wich kinda changes the feel of it. I did like how she played that in the play through so I went along with that way......well obviously there is enough to add about this.... ;)

Hydroman52

Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:49 pm

Superb . . . . . . .

dekotaj

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:54 pm

BRAVO!!Nessa

Beautifully played.Love watching you play the guitar.

Thanks for posting.Love to hear it when you finish it.

Kevin

cosmicmechanic

Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Smooth as silk, sweet as honey, light as air ... I imagine at some point you may add vocals (?) Wow.

Pierre

sbutler

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:31 pm

Well Vanessa, you just keep raising the bar higher and higher don't you?..

That was pure happiness to listen too. Thank you.

Scott

lueders

Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:48 pm

Rock On, Muriel! er, I mean, Vanessa!

Fantabulous-NESS!

That is sure a nice way to honor your fellow Countryman...

Dug it, Dug it, Dug it....

Those mellow sounds from those nylon strings made me wanna uncork a wine bottle...And I
usually hate wine. Really, Really Good, my Friend!

Cori

michelew

Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:02 pm

Some work in progress Nessa. WOW! My gosh woman, you're amazing!!

You sure know how to play the heart strings too.

If this is a progress video then I imagine you'll have me weeping in a serious way once you've gotten it to a point where you're happy with it.

I'm no expert. I haven't even watched Muriel's version yet, but I'm seeing a beautifully played piece of music that goes straight to the heart; it's very sad. And all of those crazy harmonics, big jumps and stretches place it far outside of anything I imagine I'll be capable of any time soon; just awesome. You're an inspiration to me to get serious and apply myself more.

I look forward to hearing Neil's review and advice.

More than that, I look forward to seeing and hearing this when you're happy with it. That will be something else.

Simply beautiful.

Shel

Lavallee

Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:15 pm

Beautifully played Vanessa, Right now my good videos are 1/10 th of your trial videos. You have this gentle touch on the strings which sounds very much like Muriel.

Marc

tovo

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:00 am

Vanessa, an assertion was made recently that there are no advanced players on this site (excepting Neil I assume) well girl, if you don't fall in the category of 'advanced' I don't know who does and I'll happily take whatever one you do fall into. But with you categorization doesn't even seem worthwhile. You're in a category all of your own and it's pretty special.

Every single time I see and hear you play I am moved. You are simply superb.

haoli25

Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:02 am

Echt perfect, Nessa. Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Bill Image

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic