Allman Brothers Little Martha by dtaylor

AcousticAl

Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:57 am

REALLY nice upload, Dean.
Your hard work definitely shows.

Is that a smaller travel guitar you're playing on?

neverfoundthetime

Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:57 am

Seriously good job Dean! Very nice work indeed, thanks for posting.

dtaylor

Sun Jul 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Thanks all for the encouragement, I've had scant internet access for a few months so I've been missing what's been going on here and going back to songs I should have learned properly first time around so it's been good exercise. When I get back on-line properly I'll be like a kid in a candy store again and get overwhelmed by all the new stuff to learn...

Dennis - I will definitely try to work with a metronome on this, just can't seem to get the timing on the change.

Al- this is the travel guitar I bought while in Australia and it has stood me in good stead, although you have to be mega precise with finger placement to avoid deadening strings, I hope I can still play a full-size when I get home though!

Marc - I'm still in Oz but looking forward to going home in a couple of weeks to the glorious British summer :laugh:

MarkM

Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:45 am

Dean,

Like the other said this is really impressive and to do on a travel guitar is even more so. All your hard work has seriously paid off on this song for you. Lots going on with this song and you pulled it off very successfully. Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

cosmicmechanic

Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:38 pm

Hi Dean, I missed this and just had to say a late "congrats". All the hecklers who have commented so far are absolutely right, so I won't repeat what has already been said.

Your playing seems very relaxed, at least no tension is apparent in your facial expression.
This leads me to mention that I find myself making some odd facial expressions on certain chords that involve what I consider somewhat unnatural hand positions. I notice that very gradually diminishing over time ... I think some chords may take more than another year to get over, for a total of a couple years to get that it to being that natural.

So I wonder if you sometimes make funny faces while playing ? Of course singing while playing can hide that.

Thanks for this,
Pierre

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic