Muriel Anderson Vincent (bridge and outro) by nesh16041972

BobR

Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:39 am

Vanessa,

That was awesome :woohoo: What else to say?

GREAT JOB

bob

suziko

Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:53 pm

Nessa,

Like everyone before me has said: Just amazing!! So beautiful in every way. I can't wait to hear you put it all together and, especially, to hear you sing along. I'm speechless. I do have one question. What is that thing you did with your right hand, where you reach up to around the 2nd fret, near the end of the bridge of the song? At first I thought you were brushing something off the neck, but I'm assuming that's part of the chord??? Sorry- I haven't watched Muriel's lesson yet!

Suzi

Craig

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Vanessa,
I said I was at a loss for words after your first installment! So, OK...here goes....
Lovely, wonderful, magnificent, outstanding, great, beautiful...
I guess I need to spend some time looking up adjectives in preparation for your final play through of this beautiful piece!
Craig

P.S. awhile back Tony started a thread asking who, at TG inspires you? Well, my answer was sincere but basically said "all of you do". Today, my answer is "Vanessa"!

tovo

Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:56 pm

Ness here I sit on my couch fumbling with 12 bar blues and you come into my sitting room and show me what real talent can achieve.

No advanced players on TG. Yeah right.

sbutler

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:20 pm

Well you did it again. I got the music to this song, but at the pace I'm going, I think I'll be just this side of 92 when I get it all down. By then, I'll probably forget what a guitar is.

Great job Vanessa. When you start selling tickets to your show, I'll buy one.

buddy

Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:49 pm

You had me in tears while watching this. Your playing is just lovely and you are a lovely person as well. The beauty of your soul really comes through in your playing.

Bud

cosmicmechanic

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:02 am

Hi Vanessa, of course I agree enthusiastically with all the favorable comments already said.

I'm just curious to ask ... I think you are playing this on a classical guitar, like Muriel Anderson does (I sure hope I am not mistaken)
so would you change your approach to this if you played it on acoustic (steel-string) guitar instead of classical (nylon string) ?

Thanks ! Loved it !
Pierre

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 am

Thanks

skaladar

Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:31 am

Hi Vanessa,

Your talent just shines through, like the morning sunrise, with everything you do. You know, sometimes when I watch Muriel playing I think she must be from another planet. No mere mortal should, or could possibly be capable of doing what she does. And then you, once again, prove to me that such true talent does exist here on Earth. Either that or the two of you share the same extraterrestrial roots! … Seriously though, I just love watching you tackle one challenge after another in what seems like the blink of an eye. I can’t wait for you to put this all together and share it with us when you feel comfortable with it. I know it will be nothing short of spectacular!

Thanks so much for sharing this.

♫ Ken ♫

buddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello everybody, thank you all for checking this out again, it's supergreat to read your sweet and supportive comments! :)

Michele: WOW, Shel... :blush: You kicked off indeed and....instantly made my day! Thank you sweetie! ;)

Chas: Hey Chas! Thank you so much, you're sweet! Very happy that you liked it! :cheer:

Chris: Thank you very much Chris, appreciate it, great that you've enjoyed it!!

Kevin: Hey Kevin, thanks, you're so sweet! Just great to read! You like the look of the new camera? Well it's a Logitech HD Pro C910, supposed to be great, and I do like it very much. I bought it for using Skype, but found out you can record with it as well, so how convenient that is for posting vids on TG, finally no annoying noise anymore ;) ! Thanks again Kevin!

Matt: Hey Matt, couldn't agree with you more, hard enough and for that challenging, but still 'easy' enough to give it a try anyway. How are you doing on this? Am very curious of course, will you post it??? Thanks for the kind comment Matt, am glad that it is inspiring and you liked it! :)

Bill: Haha, hey Bill, your comment made me smile big time! Well I would lie if I'd say that I wouldn't like to know Muriel's opinion on this, she's such an inspiration! Thanks Bill, for the sweet words!

Willem: Hey my friend, yeah I know you're getting serious when you're using my full name! :P And yeah, the song does indeed need more feeling, more subtlety, nuances and so on. Listen to Muriel and you definitely hear the difference. But at this point I'm glad that i got the whát to play down, it's her suggestion as well btw, to get the song down and then get into the variations and so on. As for the lyrics, it's an instrumental you know, although I do like to upload the Don McLean-version, wich is obviously with the singing and all. I'll get to that later, don't wanna drown you in too many vids from me! ;) Thanks Willem!

Dennis: :blush: thanks Dennis....it always touches me when you comment on one of my videos as you do, it really means a lot to me!

Bob: Haha, thank you very much Bob, that's just really great to hear, smiling again! :cheer:

Suzi: Aaah you're so sweet! Speechless eh? Well that leaves me speechless as well :blush: ......your question, haha, well it's indeed the F# on the 6th string wich I had to play with my right hand, since the chord was still ringing, couldn't let go because of that. Of course something that Muriel does in the lesson. Funny enough it's hard letting go of that note since chances are that it'll sound like a pull off when you do, so had to let go really carefully...anyway, thanks Sue for your sweet comment!

Craig: Gosh Craig, you leave me speechless as well... :blush: Thank you so very much!!

Tony: Still recovering from your comment at the first video of this song :blush: :P ....!

Scott: I do not believe that Scott, it's amazing how you tackled Windy and Warm after one year of playing the guitar! And you háve to keep me posted on how you're doing on this, please??! You're sweet Scott, thank you very much! :)

Buddy: Bud....my gosh, the blushing continues... :blush: ....you're too kind...what can I say, just truly appreciate it....I'm sorry, speechless again...

Pierre: Hey Pierre, well good question. After reading it, I tried to play it on a steelstring.....pffffff.....that neck is suddenly só narrow! :S Before learning this song I did consider playing it on a steelstring, but didn't since Muriel doesn't as well and since I really like the sound of a classical guitar on this one. However, I don't think I would approach it differently on a steelstring, at least I don't think so... :dry: For now, I'm just happy that I know whát to play, haha! :P Anyway, thanks for dropping by Pierrre and for your kind comment!

Dermot: Haha, you're soooooo very right: MORE PRACTICE!!! Like forever wherever! :laugh: :laugh: Thanks D.!

Ken: Everytime when I think that I can't smile even bigger, or blush even more, or be more speechless, then you make sure that it happens again.....Wow, thanks Ken, thank you so very much.....!

Thank you my TG-friends, you're just great!! :cheer:

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic