Jim Croce New york not my home by dekotaj

mbleier

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:48 pm

That was awesome. I am totally inspired to check this one out. You make it seem so effortless but there are definitely some parts that sound less than simple. I love Jim Croce and I love your playing. Another five or ten years at this and I might have your smoothness and clarity of picking. Great job.

Mike

dsmarion

Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:31 pm

Hey Kevin,

I am glad you reposted this because I didn't see it the first time. I like Croce a lot although I never learned to play any yet. This is not one that I am real familiar with although I like the pattern of the nice decending bass line, the little bass riff between verses and the overall chord progression. It looks like you are pretty comfortable using a thumb pick (alien growth to me LOL) - do you use it on a lot of your stuff? Also your guitar has very nice sound to it and unique markings. Can you tell me what it is please? Thanks.

Scott

dekotaj

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:28 am

Mike-Thank you.And yes the man put out some great songs.Nice to have another J.C. fan on board.

Scott-Thank you,I sure have been enjoying your post here also.(thumb pick) sometimes,just depends on the song.I play a Martin DC Aura.

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic