buddy MAMA DON'T LET YOUR BABIES guitar lesson review upload

buddy

Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:53 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

The cowboy in me loves this song :woohoo: I am glad I did not listen to my Mama. B)

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:01 am

Well Buddy, this song suits yóu of course very very well!! ;) :P

And your setup sounds fantastic. You played it slower than the original right? I have to say that I do like it slower, although the challenge in this song is to strum it quickly and to keep those bassnotes going.

I enjoyed it a lot Bud, if sómeone should cover this song, than it's you and it sounded great! :cheer:

Cheers

Ness

dekotaj

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:28 am

Damn Bud,
You beat me to it.(I am glad I did not listen to my Mama.)I'll bet she OK with it.Bravo!!

Kevin

buddy

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Ness and Kevin, Thanks much for your comments on this tune. Somehow I missed them.

Bud

MarkM

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Buddy that was just perfect. Obviously you hit your sweet spot really well. Your singing was spot on for this song. I must say that your stumming has never been better. Nice easy stroke and just the right amount of attack with the pick. Great all around job on this one!! Thanks for sharing.

MarkM

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Buddy,

Just caught this. Really great job- You really made it your own.

I thought of you when Neil started putting up the 'cowboy songs'. I guess you're liking them?

Btw- nice to see you haven't abandoned your Seagull.

buddy

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:45 pm

MarkM wrote:
Buddy that was just perfect. Obviously you hit your sweet spot really well. Your singing was spot on for this song. I must say that your stumming has never been better. Nice easy stroke and just the right amount of attack with the pick. Great all around job on this one!! Thanks for sharing.

MarkM
Mark, Thanks much for the comments and I am really glad you enjoyed this !

buddy

Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:46 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
Buddy,

Just caught this. Really great job- You really made it your own.

I thought of you when Neil started putting up the 'cowboy songs'. I guess you're liking them?

Btw- nice to see you haven't abandoned your Seagull.
Al, I am loving all the cowboy sings that Neil is putting up. Thanks for the listen.

Bud

michelew

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:35 pm

Hey Buddy,

Nice video. As always I just love your singing. Your set up sounds amazing.

A cowboy doing a cowboy song, now that's apt. Are you singing this to your wife? Are your babies cowboys too?

I was waiting for you to break into a good old yodel. Do cowboys do that in your part of the country? Or is it just an old Hollywood movie thing?

Nice.

Michele

buddy

Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:11 pm

michelew wrote:
Hey Buddy,

Nice video. As always I just love your singing. Your set up sounds amazing.

A cowboy doing a cowboy song, now that's apt. Are you singing this to your wife? Are your babies cowboys too?

I was waiting for you to break into a good old yodel. Do cowboys do that in your part of the country? Or is it just an old Hollywood movie thing?

Nice.

Michele
Great to hear form you Michele, My kids all ride horses but have moved to the city for school and work. They come home often to visit and still love the outdoors. They got the best of the cowboy ways through their mom :laugh:

I think Cowboy yodeling was only done in Hollywood because if you yodel in front of a real cowboy he would probably shoot you for spooking his horse. :woohoo:

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic