Jim Croce Alabama Rain by dekotaj

michelew

Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:32 pm

Fabulous Kevin. I loved it. You put a smile on my face. Playing beautiful, singing great.

I Love your Croce.

Michele

lueders

Mon Jul 18, 2011 6:15 pm

Kevin,

I am with everybody else. You are Really, Really good, Man. Your finger picking prowess is definitely something I am going to have to work up to.
BOTH your finger picking & singing were wonderful on this tune!
(I am starting to get the feeling you like Jim Croce...lol!)

Great job, Kevin! Really enjoyed it!

tovo

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:11 pm

Hey Kevin. I love your take on all these Croce tunes and that was your best in my opinion. Your voice is very engaging, I really enjoy it. There's a real gritty quality to it and I wish I could get me some of that!

Your playing was great as well, even though I was more focused on the overall performance I must admit.

Nice work mate, loved it.

BobR

Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:38 pm

Kevin,

What a great tune, and you did it extremely well. I agree with others here, your fingerpicking is really clean and your voice suits this song so good.

Keep on posting

Bob

cosmicmechanic

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:19 pm

Kevin, I'm really impressed. You play and sing that easygoing song so well, it's a contagious relaxed mood.

Seems to me that even in your very first video (way back when) your fingerpicking was already this good, but we've only heard you sing very recently ... I guess you've pretty much always sung along while playing, is that the case ?

Very nice !
Pierre

pbraun

Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 am

Wow Kevin that takes my way back, I listened to the album for hours on end. Great job, wasn't sure you were going to sing! Nice addition!
Pete

wrench

Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:02 am

Kevin, you really shine on these Croce songs, and you just brightened the shine with this one. I agree with those who said this your best Croce yet, and I'm looking forward to future efforts......with vocals, of course.

dennisg

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Kevin,

I'm not familiar with this song, but after watching your version, I can't imagine anyone doing it better. Just flawless. Great post.

dekotaj

Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:59 am

Chris,Chas,Bud. Thank you my friends.

Willem.Thank you brother.When I first started posting I would delete them after awhile.(Didn't like them)Thinking about re posting them.And if I do Time in a bottle will be one of them.

Miss Vanessa.Thank you.What took me so long to respond was I couldn't stop watching your last post.Bravo Ness.

Rick,MJ,Ken,Anton.Thank you for taking time to watch and leave such great feedback.Thanks guys.

Cori.Thinks friend.Yes I do love the mans Music.Makes my world turn.

Michelle,Tony,Bob.Thank all of you for making it a little easier to put up these post.Such kind words.

Pierre.Thanks brother.Well I sing most of the songs I play.Just not hear.Can't sing,But I love trying.

Pete,Wrench,D. Its a real treat to keep Jim's music going for other to hear.Thanks for taking time out to watch and respond.Makes my day.

Thank you all very much.

Kevin

Hydroman52

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:52 pm

Kevin,

Good job on the singing and playing. You've got a good handle on this one.

Hydroman52

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic