Don McLean Vincent by nesh16041972

dennisg

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:17 pm

Vanessa,

I started playing that song a few months ago, and as part of the learning process I watched dozens of versions on YouTube. I have to say that yours is simply the most gorgeous, lush, fleshed-out, and heartfelt version of them all. And that includes Don McLean's. As I was watching you, I found myself riveted to your performance on two levels: the first is the one that's purely emotional, because from the very first note, I was just captivated by the beauty of your performance; and, at the same time, I found myself fascinated by the precise picking you were doing in the song -- you do so much more in your version than I do in mine, and if I choose to continue playing this song, I will no longer watch any other version but yours.

There are so many videos you've posted that I've absolutely loved, as you know, but this may be my absolute favorite.

abiliog

Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:37 pm

Vanessa,
Don't know what to say, amazing is not enough, not even close.
Your singing in this song is so moving.
Also for me, this was your best performance :cheer:
Thank you so much,
Abilio

Music Junkie

Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:31 pm

Vanessa:

Beautiful job on this classic. I am truly amazed at your ability to play and sing with such emotion. Sorry to hear that this will be the last for a while. I always look forward to viewing your posts. Your support and your playing skills have placed you among the best of the TG community in my book. Thanks so much for sharing your cover. Be well and don't wait too long to post another.... ;)

MJ

willem

Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:08 pm

My dear TG-friends,

I honestly don't know how to begin with thanking you for all your sweet and heartwarming comments....it is just overwhelmingly amazing ....you all made me laugh, smile, blush, blew me away, made me speechless....laugh and smile again, well lots of more blushing.....blew me away and again speechless..

I sincerely want to thank each and everyone of you....but I feel so tired...so please forgive me for not being able to right now....I hope that you all know me well enough by now how your comments on me, my playing and singing, always really touch me and how they warm my heart. I just feel really gratefull for being part of this great community and to be able to share my greatest passion with all of you.

I wish there was an emoticon wich could cover éverything that I want to say to you, but I guess you get my point.. :)

So from the bottom of my heart, thank you all so very very much....

Ness

(ps. And no, I'm not going anywhere, just taking a little break from posting videos ;) ! Have put up 4 the last two weeks (not even counting the collab a week before), but just don't want to drown you in them, although I hear you! :P )

neverfoundthetime

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:47 am

I guess this is the best place to say this, instead of creating a new thread about what I want to say.

The sharing of our songs through videos is so much more than just that. On the surface, we are showing what we can do sharing a song we love and trying to learn new stuff. And then shining through that is the light of who we are and a much deeper message. I'm not exactly sure how I should express it but I'd say we are connecting at a soul level, just as when a tone rings out and vibrates in the body of your guitar (ever found yourself singing and heard your guitar next to you pick up a tone and throw it back at you?). When we get it right, like Vanessa does here, we set off a vibration in our TG listeners and communicate on higher level that we usually experience in our daily lives. This is a magnificent privilege and why I say to you all that there cannot be enough postings of your playing... so never hold back, your song is a gift to all and I for one am very grateful for the privilege of sharing (both ways) with you all.

PS: I will post this on a separate thread but it was inspired here by Vanessa's wonderful performance.

suziko

Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:16 pm

Wow, Nessa. I'm sort of stunned. You always do top-notch performances, but I really think that was your best yet. The playing was perfect, your voice was ethereal, and you truly captured the melancholy tone of this hauntingly beautiful song. Your voice sounded SO good the entire time. Every note- just perfect.

I have already apologized to you for missing this, but let me say, I almost want to apologize to myself for letting myself miss out on this for so many days!!! Poor me!! :)

Your friend,
Suzi

skaladar

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:09 am

Aaah thére you are! ;)

Well I'm absolutely thrilled that you obviously enjoyed it!!!

I guess fretting the guitar at the 4th fret worked out alright, otherwise it would have been all yóur (and Shel's) fault! :laugh: :P

Thank you sweetie for dropping by, am so very happy that you liked it! :cheer:

Nessa

suziko wrote:
Wow, Nessa. I'm sort of stunned. You always do top-notch performances, but I really think that was your best yet. The playing was perfect, your voice was ethereal, and you truly captured the melancholy tone of this hauntingly beautiful song. Your voice sounded SO good the entire time. Every note- just perfect.

I have already apologized to you for missing this, but let me say, I almost want to apologize to myself for letting myself miss out on this for so many days!!! Poor me!! :)

Your friend,
Suzi

michelew

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:07 am

nesh16041972 wrote:
Dear TG-friends,

This will be the last video for a while now, since you’ve definitely seen enough of me. But I had to complete the Vincent-trilogy and sing the song as well (well Ken gave me a little push! ;) ). So this will of course be Don McLean’s Vincent.

Cheers

Ness

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

I'm bumping this video to be sweet to you all and remind you to watch it again.

It is SO beautiful, beyond gorgeous. I write this with tears in my eyes because it is just so touching. Not only does Ness play it beautifully and sing it with heart-felt emotion, but her gorgeous soul just shines right out at you.

Do yourself a favour and watch it again, especially since she's threatened to take a break from posting. :)

How lucky we all are to have Nessa in our midst.

Beyond gorgeous.

Shel

dsmarion

Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:21 am

Shel,
Thank you so much for bumping this video up - I never would have seen it otherwise!

Ness - WOW! That was absolutely beautiful! Just perfectly soft and sweet picking, beautiful timing, soulful vocals and lots of nice touches throughout the piece! I am sorry to hear you won't be posting for a while after hearing this. Us new kids haven't heard nearly enough of you! Please say it isn't so!! I am incredibly impressed with your abilities and hope it doesn't take me forever to learn to pick as well as you - so far it is a slow and frustrating process for me. But you show me where I need to be at the end of the tunnel - thank you so much for such an inspiring post!

Scott

reiver

Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Michele: :blush: :blush: :blush: Shel....you're súch a sweetie, making me blush and smile again eh??!! Well I'm flattered big time, that's for sure! :kiss:

Scott: Wow Scott, you blow me away with your more than kind comment, that's so very sweet and just great to hear, what can I say?! :cheer: Thank you very much, I really appreciate it! And...uh....I'm pretty sure that it won't take you forever, your 'rusty' is already pretty good! ;)

Ness

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic