willem learning to play Landslide acoustic guitar

willem

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:48 am

AcousticAl wrote:
Hi Willem,

Nice job on a difficult song- especially while singing!

I've worked on this a while now myself and while I like your upload- the pattern differs from what Neil taught in the lesson. That might be on purpose. But in case it's not..

You're missing plucking the B-string during the pattern. Tough for me to describe, so I made a quick video.
I angled the camera down so you could see better. And I slowed down the pattern to isolate the B-string.

Again- if you meant to change the pattern- then ignore this post.

Cheers!

I am not sure Al,,but watch my midlle finger, i really pluck the B string,,,you can't hear it very well i think 'cos the nylon string and i play along i 'm sure i pluck the second string every time,,but you are welcome and is much appreciate...this time i was more happy with the bass note..

EDIT after watching the tab again,,and i am pretty sure i pluck that second string too,,when you like and when i have time i can make a vid with an accent on that second string

AcousticAl

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:11 pm

I listened again with headphones and I can hear it faintly in the background. You're right- might be the nylon strings are tough to hear.
No need to make another video if you've moved on.

As I said though- I did enjoy your upload..

willem

Sun Jul 24, 2011 12:18 pm

AcousticAl wrote:
I listened again with headphones and I can hear it faintly in the background. You're right- might be the nylon strings are tough to hear.
No need to make another video if you've moved on.

As I said though- I did enjoy your upload..
Again,,your alway's welcome i was a bit confused and checked,,,thanks,,

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic