willem learning to play Landslide acoustic guitar

willem

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:51 am

michelew wrote:
Great job Wilem. That was so steady. Is it true that you've been approached by the Swizz? Is it true that they want to set their watches to your regular Travis picking. It could be just a Rumour (haha). But, I'd believe it after watching your video.

Great work. It's a great song isn't it.

Michele
Thanks Shellie,, i am very glad i started the Swiss pickin,,indeed it is a great song, i don't get all of what they ment to say or mean with it,,, the line with the reflections on the snow covered hills???

You can fit the lyrics almost in a sort of ''pastorale'' if you know what i mean???

suziko

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:53 am

Willem,
Really nice job on a challenging song! Nice to see you tackling the solo, too. Anyone who has posted a video knows how bad those camera nerves can be. Also nice to hear you singing!

Suzi

willem

Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:59 am

suziko wrote:
Willem,
Really nice job on a challenging song! Nice to see you tackling the solo, too. Anyone who has posted a video knows how bad those camera nerves can be. Also nice to hear you singing!

Suzi

Nice to hear from you Suzi,,,i really don't forget your upload from this song and were you did the melody/pickin solo,very inspirating...

Lavallee

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:16 am

Hi Willem , it is nicely played, good tempo as others have said. Also congratulate you on singing as well learning another language to sing is very challenging (to me any anyway) and it does not seem to bother you at all.

Good work

Marc

willem

Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:20 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Willem , it is nicely played, good tempo as others have said. Also congratulate you on singing as well learning another language to sing is very challenging (to me any anyway) and it does not seem to bother you at all.

Good work

Marc

Thank you very much Marc,,well it bothers but maybe i can sing the language better then speak them...lol

rapsidy

Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:01 am

hi willem you have that camera meltdown problen too :) im not alone

apart from obvious little slowdown i thought that was really well done B) the singing was great that song suits you well

great effort one of your best i have seen

brad

BigBear

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Willem- very well done my friend! Smooth and steady. Your playing, and especially fingerpicking, have improved so much since you joined this site. You are really becoming a skilled performer and I'm sure all your friends in the Netherlands really enjoy hearing you play and sing.

I know I sure do! Thanks for sharing!

:cheer:

willem

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 pm

@ Rap,,ones comes a time we just stirup or is it stir it up???

@ Rick,,,i am so glad you like it,,now i have to sing everywhere,,,lol,, oke i made some mistakes i believe one measer of EM i missed(to much concentrading on the lyricks) and the solo did not came out as i wished,,, but i think i am now at the stadium the get it really down,,,thanks again friend.

AcousticAl

Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:23 am

Hi Willem,

Nice job on a difficult song- especially while singing!

I've worked on this a while now myself and while I like your upload- the pattern differs from what Neil taught in the lesson. That might be on purpose. But in case it's not..

You're missing plucking the B-string during the pattern. Tough for me to describe, so I made a quick video.
I angled the camera down so you could see better. And I slowed down the pattern to isolate the B-string.

Again- if you meant to change the pattern- then ignore this post.

Cheers!

dekotaj

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:24 am

Damn brother.late to the party again.SORRY!!

All this great music being put up here and my pour typing.Not sure If I leave a comments or not!!So

BRAVO!!!Brother,great job.Always enjoy watching you play and sing.Thank you!!

Kevin

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic