willem blackbird guitar lesson review upload

cosmicmechanic

Fri Jul 22, 2011 12:54 am

Willem, I'm very happy to see this, you should be proud.

You have made lots of progress ... I hope you realize that and smile all day !

Pierre

willem

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:06 am

tovo wrote:
Hey Willem nice work. I've been playing Blackbird to death for a couple months now and going OK but find it difficult to sing in terms of phrasing so you are definitely well on the way to having that worked out.

Thanks for the look. You are a busy boy lately!

Tony, it took two years the nail it like that,,there was a time i lay it aside for a very long time but i began to use it like a warmup many times,,as for the singin,,when i use the thumb by NEIL in the lesson I find it more difficult to sing,, i often try the thumb also 'cos he has to listen too...thanks for your words

Willem

Yamaha48

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:39 am

Hello my friend Willem.

Going better and better.
Your hair looks nice.
Not easy to play and sing the song.

thumbs up for you.

cheers.your friend Anton

thereshopeyet

Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:57 am

Thanks

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:04 am

Great video Willem!
You are doing a great job on this song which is difficult to play and sing at the same time due to the phrasing (as Tony pointed out).
Maybe slow it down a touch?
I remember spending ages on it and making the same stupid mistake every time... it became a joke around the house!

willem

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:09 am

thereshopeyet wrote:
Willem

That was great to watch.
I know they were not mistakes at the begining but rather intentional entertainment highlights :)
Everytime I watch your videos I see an improvement, it encourages me to practice more.

Have a great weekend.

Dermot

Hi Dermot,,(i was really expectiing a moment pic),,,the mistakes were really mistakes believe me,,but after a view takes i would'nt turn the cam of and on and then i was lucky,,really,believe me..

I am really happy that I !! encourage you to practice more,,,now on this moment i look to some forum threads with my guitar on my lap and noodle around ''blackbird''-''here comes the sun''- ''landslide'' solo part''-''mad world''' -oeps i remember i have to finish one ,,but it takes some day's,, enjoy practicing!!! thanks for your support..

willem

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:32 am

@ Dave,, i had the same trouble
@ Kevin,, i love all your vids and the BRAVO'S are special,,now i see bra in it ,,watch out man..
@ Buddy,,talking a baut groove,,and now you add lady's as well..
@ Pierre, i am proud and happy,,well not alway's
@ Anton,,,yeah,, ''oh what a night'' it is still there !!
@ Chris,,you are absolute right in slowing down but i think its a guitarist bad habbit to speed up,,i am thinkin of alternate feet tapping !!

Lavallee

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:40 am

Hi Willem, very nicely played, you are improving this song every time you play it. It is entertaining to watch you play.

Marc

willem

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:45 am

Lavallee wrote:
Hi Willem, very nicely played, you are improving this song every time you play it. It is entertaining to watch you play.

Marc

Thanks Marc,, it is so nice to do,,i had a lot of fun with it...

michelew

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:51 am

I'm playing catch up here.

Nice one Willem. Interesting strum pattern on this. I'll need to give it a try it looks very effective and regular.

Thanks for the reminder to dust this off again.

Thanks for sharing.

Michele

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic