willem blackbird guitar lesson review upload

skaladar

Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:14 am

Hi Willem,

I think you did a great job on a tricky song. It also looks like you had some fun with it which is so very important. I like the fact that you didn’t edit out your err, false starts, shall we say?
It show that you are secure enough about yourself and what you’re doing to not worry about what everyone goes through but doesn’t necessarily share. Once you got going the rest was quite impressive.

Thanks for sharing this and please keep posting. I’m loving it!

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:19 am

@ shell,,just in time to catch up before we disapear under that rock,,thanks for your support, i hope you dust it of too..

@ ♫ Ken ♫,,thanks for taken your time watchin it and your supporting words that is so important,,the pattern gets a bit ease'rrr when you hit 1001, i use itoften has a warming up.

BigBear

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Willem- really good early version. I strongly suggest you don't sing this song until the chord changes are automatic. You have a tendency to run chords together because you are trying to maintain the beat and sing at the same time.

Get the chord changes down to where you can play them in your sleep. Then try humming the song for awhile. I just believe it is too much to play and sing at the same time on these tricky little fingerpicking tunes. You will end up not doing either one very well.

I like your practice videos. It takes courage to post them and you will improve faster because of it.

Cheers! :cheer:

willem

Sat Jul 23, 2011 3:06 am

BigBear wrote:
Willem- really good early version. I strongly suggest you don't sing this song until the chord changes are automatic. You have a tendency to run chords together because you are trying to maintain the beat and sing at the same time.

Get the chord changes down to where you can play them in your sleep. Then try humming the song for awhile. I just believe it is too much to play and sing at the same time on these tricky little fingerpicking tunes. You will end up not doing either one very well.

I like your practice videos. It takes courage to post them and you will improve faster because of it.

Cheers! :cheer:

Hi Rick,,how you doing lately with the missere?? hope things going in the right direction..as for the song,, i thought i could do it,but watching myself i am aware on what you say ''ending up not doing either one very well'',, i am now on a stadium that i memorise the whole pattern and when i practice i play the whole thing and that's what i will be doing for the coming time(without singin),,thank you,,also for being back on some threads..

rapsidy

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:42 am

Great job willem... im having ago at this one now so nice to see it played in full... I thought you did a great job of both.. especially liked the bloopers,, who wants to see a perfect video.. id rather see the stuff ups and then the real thing.... but hey im a bit weird too ;)

willem

Sat Jul 23, 2011 10:35 am

rapsidy wrote:
Great job willem... im having ago at this one now so nice to see it played in full... I thought you did a great job of both.. especially liked the bloopers,, who wants to see a perfect video.. id rather see the stuff ups and then the real thing.... but hey im a bit weird too ;)

Rap,,it is a nice song to learn and have fun with it,,i ALSO find it an must do song the same as with ''the house from the rising sun'',,,i look forward to your upload on ''blackbird'' be sure do it in your shorts 'cos Vannessa like that.. thanks for your support.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic