Gordon Lightfoot Carefree Highway by dekotaj

dennisg

Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:24 am

This is really coming together nicely, Kev. Just out of curiosity, what is the chord you're playing over the word "Highway"?

reiver

Sat Jul 23, 2011 11:26 am

Nice job, Kevin. Good to see you getting some posts up. Really liked the solo.

Dennis, it looks (and sounds) like a D major7.......that'd be my guess.

Stuart

Hydroman52

Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Kevin,

You really need to use your Jim Croce voice here and belt it out. It sounded great in your other video. You might want to try singing this one an octave higher. That might bring it out. If that's to high, you may try to capo up a fret or two so you aren't singing so far in the "basement". You have a good voice and it just doesn't seem to be cutting through here. The good thing is that the voice is there (we've all seen it), it just seems to be hiding on us.

On the guitar side . . . . hmmmmmmm. You were going along real good. Then you stopped. Then you played a nice solo fill (a bit slower but very solid). Then you stopped. Then you played a nice ending. It looks like all you need to do is get all this stuff pieced together with smooth transitions and all at the same tempo. Then you've got another nicely finished song.

Good job on this one.

Hydroman52

dekotaj

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:11 pm

Willem.
Yap not a bad way to spend a day off.Yes sir not bad at all.Thank you!

Suzi.
Thanks so very much for watching.I sure can't take credit for the key change.I watched Neils lesson and he said the song was in E.So found a tab in E. Then Niel said its capo at second fret and played in D.I guess that's how you get it to the key of E.But that's why I'm here to get to knowing this stuff.Thank you Suzi.Thank you!!

D & Stuart

Thank you guys very much.And yes Stuart is right its Dmajor7.But I had to go look at the tab to say for sure.Thanks!!

Hydro.

Yes Sir a long way to go.But for sure I will keep working at it.Thank you!!

michelew

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:15 pm

Kevin,

Solid playing. Niiice.

But, you might want to talk to your sound engineer. I think the cheeky sod turned off your mic.

Good to see you and I love your playing AND singing.

Keep them coming.

M.

dekotaj

Sat Jul 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Yep Michele

I hate when He does that stuff.I fired him once,but wont leave.Whats a guy to do??
No,Still working on the words.Thank you!!

jayswett

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:09 am

I was unaware until now that you are as accomplished with a pick in your hand as you are without. Nicely done.

jayswett

Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:13 am

Kevin, I just listened again. The only thing that I would say, in terms of potential improvement, is that to my ear that Dmaj7 didn't sound quite right.

dekotaj

Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:44 am

Hey Jay.

I'm not so sure it the Dmaj7??But your right sometimes when I play it,I get a little to much on it and it dose sound rough.I'm going to keep working on it.For sure.

Thanks man.
Kevin

Lavallee

Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:29 am

Nice playing Kev, you have a great voice, be nice to hear it better I agree with the continuity between the solo and the strumming, you have all the parts down.

Looking forward to an update of this great song

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic