Gordon Lightfoot Carefree Highway by dekotaj

dekotaj

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:14 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

dekotaj

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:27 pm

Hey Everyone!!

Long time no see.LOL
I took a day off work today. Lisa at work,So I've been working on these song.Want to get them up while I'm working on them to get feed back from you all.I was asked to put up some song for review.So please,please don't feel like you need to leave comments on all of them.Advice would be greatly appreciated while trying to get them worked out.

Neil teaches this song in the key of A???But said it's done in the key of E???So working on it in this key so I can play along with the album.Thanks for all the help folks.

Kevin

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:48 pm

Great stuff Kev! Nice fill.
Anyone else notice your looking a lot like David Gilmore in this clip :-).

TGNeil

Fri Jul 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Kevin,

Sorry for the confusion on the key. Gordon does it in E but gets there with a capo at the 2nd fret and fingering it in D. I'm pretty sure that's the way it went in the lesson.

Neil

BobR

Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:53 pm

Kevin,

Nice way to spend the day. Keep em' coming. Very nice and I really liked the fill.

Bob

BigBear

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:12 pm

Kevin- you're on a tear! Very nice job! Couldn't hear your vocals much but I think you were trying to sing under the song anyway.

The only thing I noticed is it seems like maybe you are adding an eighth or sixteenth beat before your chord changes. I couldn't quite figure out what was happening but it's disrupting the flow of the song a bit. But what do I know anyway?

Anyway, great job and thanks for sharing!

:cheer:

Craig

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:13 pm

Nice job Kevin!
I enjoyed all 3 of your efforts. The strumming, picking out bass notes, and fills...all real solid. Way to go. Keep up the good work!
Craig

dekotaj

Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment.

Neil,I'm sure your right.If that's the way it played on the album then that's the way I need to do it.It don't take much to confuse me.LOL

Hey Bear.How you doing brother?I will go back and count to see.And if so I will see about cleaning that up.Thank you.

Kevin

willem

Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:52 am

Yes Kevin,,how would i spend a day off at work,well tha same as you i think and before you know it is over(maybe two days?),,can't say much on the song but i loved seen you did that riff...

ps take on day three a bit relaxing....thanks Kevin

suziko

Sat Jul 23, 2011 6:39 am

Hi Kevin!

Nice job on an old favorite of mine. Boy, I sure wish I could play that solo the way you do! I play the song the way Neil teaches it, so when I watched your video I kept thinking, "What chords is he playing??" Having you explain that you'd changed it to the key of E helped it all make sense. It was nice to see you singing and nice to see your face, too!! I'm pretty sure in the past you just did close-up videos.

Well done!

Suzi

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic