>> Todays Target members only Student Video review by Neil - Landslide - suziko

tacticaltal

Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:41 am

Today's Target members only student video reply by Neil is now live today we look at Landslide by suziko

Hope you enjoy this

Cheers

Kendall

http://www.totallyguitars.com/video-rev ... iew_id=757

sbutler

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:03 pm

Stellar, dynamite, postcard handpositioning and more!!! Gósh woman, you've done so very well!! :cheer: :woohoo:

I'm proud of you, congratulations!!!

Your friend,

Nessa

dsmarion

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:06 pm

Not sure if I can reply to this since I am not yet a Target member - but I am going to try.

suziko, I liked your video a lot. You have a little "Stevie" quality in your voice, the song is definitely in your range and you played and sang it well. I especially like the lead/fill parts toward the end, these add a ton to the performance! Great job!

Scott

willem

Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:28 pm

Yes Suzi,,nothing to say by Neil,,only good words,,but Suzi i can tell you that it was you that inspired me to go too on that song,,thank you and congrats you can be very proud and hope you play it very often.. :cheer: B)

lueders

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:19 pm

CONGRATULATIONS !!!! :) B) :laugh:

(BASICALLY,YOU KICKED SOME CAN & GOT RECOGNIZED FOR IT!) ROCK-ON SUZI!

I still say I MUCH prefer your voice to Stevie's "chain-smoking, munchkin-sounding" thing. (But, then again who am I to critique Stevie? She's got a bigger house and more cars than I do.) And, another thing Suzi, your picking WAS absolutely picture perfect on this...

P.S. Neil mentioned Landslide brought you to the site? I thought I remembered in a post somewhere you said it was Indigo Girls "Closer to fine"? Not that it matters, either way really. HAPPY FOR YOU!

daryl

Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:34 pm

Very very impressive playing. That solo stretch was amazing.

thereshopeyet

Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks

michelew

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:05 pm

Suzi,

It was such a joy watching your video again this morning.

Love

Shel

suziko

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:08 pm

Neil,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review my video, and thank you also for the really kind things you said. I'm a bit at a loss for words to express how happy it made me to hear what you had to say!

Thanks to everyone else for taking the time to watch the review and comment here. I feel so lucky to have so many supportive and sweet friends here at TG. You guys are the best.

Cori- yes, Closer to Fine was actually the song that brought me to TG. However, Landslide was one of the first songs I tried to play when I was first learning guitar, and one of the first lessons I checked out at TG. I quickly realized it was WAY too advanced for me at that time! It was a thrill for me to finally learn to play it, and especially to learn the chord solo, because I could easily remember back to when I couldn't.

Willem- I'm really touched that I, at least in part, inspired you to learn to play Landslide. I've been inspired by so many people here at TG. It's always nice to feel I've returned the favor.

Scott- thanks for your kind words about my voice and the song in general. Singing is NOT one of my strengths, so I was pleased that I didn't completely embarrass myself. Thank you for commenting!

So, again, thank you to you all!

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:10 pm

Ah, so nice to be reminded of that lovely video Suzi!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic