Traditional Shades of Funk by mbleier

Yamaha48

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Well Mike, I thought that sounded really good, especially the tempo, very steady and consistent!

Am glad to hear you stuck around and just really great to see a video of you, well done!

Cheers

Vanessa

neverfoundthetime

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:00 am

Hey Mike, really good first video post! Thanks for sticking at it as I think this is an excellent example for many others to follow. You keep good time and are constant through out. I can't hear anything wrong with it at all... I sure Neil will be in there with a video response soon so I'll leave that to the master!
Great to have you posting your work Mike, keep them coming.

skaladar

Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:20 am

Hi Mike,

I’m glad you stuck it out and got this uploaded. Dunno what the problem was but I am a little surprised support was unable to help you.
The staff at TG go far beyond support teams at other places to make sure everything is resolved. In any event …

I think you did a great job with this and for me it serves as a good example to follow as my fingerpicking skills are an area I need to work on.

Thanks for sharing this and I hope to see more of your work in the future.

♫ Ken ♫

RicksPick

Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:06 am

Hello Mike

Nice video man,
glad you perserveered
This is now on my list, sounds great

Well done

RicksPick

P.S
Just watched some of the lesson, your sounding good to me

dsmarion

Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:58 pm

Mike,

Sorry, somehow I missed this thread until now.

I think you have a great start on this one. Like the others I now may want to learn this - I went and watched Neil's preview and I have always wanted to learn picking-style blues and this fits in nicely with that. I also think you are right that you are missing something there although I only watched each (yours and Neil's) once so I am not sure what yet. Hopefully Neil will give you some feedback as I am not really qualified, especially since I am not familair enough with the song (and maybe about a hundred other reasons ;-) ). If this was from 6 months ago chances are good you have worked more on this anyway - love to see an update before commenting on anything specific.

DON'T GIVE UP! :ohmy: :ohmy:

Scott

michelew

Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:57 am

Mike,

Great job. Those bass notes were SO regular and a perfect platform for the melody above.

It sounded great.

If this is from a year ago, I'm wondering what it sounds like now. Have you progressed it? If you've been working on it since then it would be great to hear where you've gotten to.

Great first video and nice job.

Michele

mbleier

Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:34 am

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I rarely play for anyone else and it is nice to get some feedback. I am throwing a few more videos up although they are all very rough as I can't seem to focus. I actually took several months off from playing because life just got too busy. The ability to upload has gotten me to think about the guitar more now. I am putting up a bunch of rough videos because I don't know when I will have time to record and play for any period of time beyond today for quite some time.
Thanks again,

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic