Led Zeppelin Babe I'm Gonna Leave You by mbleier

BobR

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:35 pm

Hi Mike,

I am late here and you've already gotten real good advice. I will look forward to your update on this and all your others you've posted.

Thanks for sharing

Bob

skaladar

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:44 pm

Hey Mike … I was afraid my quick explanation of the invisible pick might be lacking so I took a look for an example. I agree that nail length and/or lack thereof may make this seem somewhat impractical but that is a topic for another discussion. Since you are a Target member try taking a look at the Moonshadow - Guitar Lesson by Cat Stevens. In "Part 3: A Look At The Right Hand" Neil describes, and I quote “a hybrid picking-strumming technique, as well as a bigger strumming pattern where the ‘Invisible Pick’ technique works best” Neil describes it and demonstrates it well there. However, probably the first thing you’ll notice is the length of Neil’s nails (hey, that would make a great name for a rock band !:-)) but don’t let that dissuade you since you are not relying on the part of your nail that extends beyond your fingertip as much as you are the back of your nail. Even with short nails you should be able to get a good and more fluid sound, especially on a classical guitar.

I hope that helps.

♫ Ken ♫

willem

Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:11 pm

Hi Mike,

Neil talks about strumming with your fingers as well as the invisible pick in here:

http://www.totallyguitars.com/target-ho ... .html#song part 4

AcousticAl

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:19 pm

Hi Mike,

You must have played this song MANY, MANY times to get it to this point. It's not an easy one.
I too noticed the wraparound thumb on D with F# in the bass. Playing it that way is stopping you from getting to the next chord quick enough.

Something that stuck with me in Neil's lesson was making sure you let the notes ring and hold them til the last possible second. That really helps with the feel of the song.

Looking forward to an update.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic