Grateful Dead Uncle John's Band by mbleier

mbleier

Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:37 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

mbleier

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:24 pm

Hey,
I hope you all don't cringe too much at my singing. It always sounds way better in my head than in real life. I love playing this one. I am still working on cleaning up the bridge with switching from strumming to picking. Its an alright version for me. As I have said in my other posts for today, I just had a hard time keeping my brain on what I was doing and lost my way in a few spots. I think there is enough there for people to get a good idea of where I am at with this one.
Thanks,

Mike

BigBear

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:27 pm

No I didn't cringe, but you did make me smile!

I can tell that you really like to play this song, and I think it's great that you also sing along. I very much like how you 'feel' the music and how you move along with it.

All in all, enjoyed your 'where you're at' very much, keep it up!

Cheers

Vanessa

Lavallee

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi Mike, anybody who can sing and play is a hero for me. I am not that familiar with the song but you look comfortable with it. You might want to be a little lighter on the strength applied to the pick (which mean there is no problem for you to do the invisible pick (ref Babe I am gonna leave you).

Looking forward to an update

Marc

suziko

Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:47 pm

Hi Mike,

Good to see a strumming song from you (I watched your 3 fingerpicking songs). This is a fun song to play, and I can tell you're really enjoying it. Good for you for singing along too.

In addition to lightening up your strum a bit, I'd also suggest you take care to not hit the 2 bass note strings when you strum a D chord.

Keep up the good work!

Suzi

lueders

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:30 pm

Boy, you're everywhere!! :) I love it keep 'em coming.

I'd be making up for lost time if I were you too! way to go.
looks like you were really getting into it, man!

God knows I can't help on the singin'...but you had some good things working for ya guitar-wise there I think.
Keep up the good work!!

Cori :)

MarkM

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:25 am

Mike,

Good job. This song is infections. I picked up my guitar and played along with you. You are right that this is a fun one to play. Your chord changes were pretty good so no problems there at all. Someone suggested that you lighten up on on the pick a bit. That would be really the only thing I would add as well. Well done!! Thanks for sharing. Now I'm off to look at your others.

MarkM

BobR

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 am

Hi Mike,

Looks like you've gotten some good advice on lightening up a bit on the pick. My only other suggestion would be to slow it down just a bit.

Good job and thanks for sharing. Keep em' coming

Bob

mbleier

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:33 pm

Hey everyone,
Thanks for all the comments. After listening again after reading the comments about the lightening up on the pick, it seems really obvious. I will definitely work on that as I know it will help in numerous situations to have a lighter pick. It is these great suggestions that have really gotten me wanting to play more and post more. I have a few other things I am hoping to find the time to record. Also I will try to watch those base strings on the D chord.
Thanks,

Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic