Beatles Blackbird by mbleier

skaladar

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Mike,

I’m happy to see you’ve uploaded a number of videos. You’ve done just the right thing by NOT waiting until it was a polished performance. That’s what the “for review” channel is all about. Any suggestions that are posted not only benefit you but also help others who may be working on the same or a similar song or having issues in the same areas that you are.

That being said, I can only agree with the general consensus of your effort. Blackbird is a great song (perhaps not the first) for working on fingerpicking. Good choice! In addition, an even tempo is far more “musical” regardless of how slowed down it is. I don’t know if you have one but playing with a metronome can do wonders for suring up an even tempo. Speed up as it becomes easier and more second nature. Before you know it you’ll find yourself at full speed with all the extra focus needed to sing.

Thanks for the post, I look forward to more from you.

♫ Ken ♫

drfuji

Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Good job...this was one of the first songs I learned on TG. I now use it to warm up when I start practicing.
Keep up the good work..the more you play it, the more comfortable you will get.
Keep the songs coming..I enjoy listening to you, and would like to see your progress..

Thanks,

mbleier

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:47 pm

Hey all,
Thanks for the comments. I know especially for the recording I should have slowed it down. I can play it smoothly at that speed, but between the camera jitters and the desire to try and upload a bunch of stuff I see how I really sacrificed some quality. I also just haven't been playing enough recently and I keep seeing how it shows in these videos. I really want to post more but I feel like I should just take a few weeks and just get some playing in and then give you something truer to what I can play. With that said I know I can get down many things and play them smoothly but being consistent is my biggest kicker.]
Thanks again,

Mike

BobR

Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:28 pm

Hi Mike,

I can only say I am trying this one now and have not gotten too far yet. I agree with what most are saying to slow it down until you get comfortable with it, then increase the tempo.

Keep em coming.

Bob

RicksPick

Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:10 am

Hi Mike

Good to see you posting video's
All sounding good
It's hard to get a good run through on video
But your doing good

Welcome from England

RicksPick

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic