Freight Train by mbleier

mbleier

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:10 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

mbleier

Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:21 pm

Folks,
A short version of this, I usually go through it three times but I was trying to keep the file size down and I just can't seem to keep it together for much more than that today. I haven't been playing much for a while. This is actually one of the first finger picking pieces I learned four or five years ago, before I came to totally guitars. I hope I start playing more now and can actually put up some better quality videos, but I happy just to put something up.
Thanks,

Mike

dennisg

Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:35 pm

Well I think it's great that you put up videos!

One thing that is really going for you is that you have a very natural sense of rhythm (I've watched the other videos as well), so I'm really curious where you'll be when you get into the playing again.

Thanks for sharing!

Vanessa

lueders

Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:58 pm

Mike,

That is sounding pretty good!!! Elizabeth would be proud.
You've got a good feel for finger picking and nice command of this tune.
A few more zone-out sessions getting that muscle memory down a just a little more and will sound even smoother.
But this ain't nothin' to scoff at right now! Good Job, Mike!

Cori

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:37 am

Freight train is an old favourite for me when I started playing Mike... keep it up!

dekotaj

Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:41 am

Bravo!!Mike

Great old tune.A song I must get to some day?I love the flow of this song.Great job Sir.

Kevin

MarkM

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:28 am

Good job Mike!!! I keep forgetting about this song. I must give it a go myself now that I've seen you do it. Thanks for sharing with us.

MarkM

willem

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 am

tHANKS FOR REMEMBER ME TO THAT SONG AGAIN,,I REALLY WANT TO GO BACK TO THE LESSON ON THIS SONG AND CATCH THAT TRAIN,,I ALWAY'S LIKED A KINDA TRAIN SOUND IN MUSIC...YOUR ON THE WAY.

BobR

Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:37 am

Hi Mike,

It sounding good so far. Keep it up and I will look forward to an update.

THanks for the post

Bob

mbleier

Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:41 pm

Hey everyone, thanks for the positive feedback. You make me want to post more. I must say after listening to this recording again which I rushed to put up I know I can do a bit better than that. I have a few others I would like to get a version of up first but I will be rerecording this one again in the not too distant future hopefully sounding better and a little longer. It is a fun old tune. Teachers (including Neil) always refer to it as a very simple easy finger picking piece but I find it much harder than many others like Blackbird which I will also have to rerecord as I definitely can play that one smoothly. I must not have even listened to it before posting.
Thanks,
Mike

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic