Fleetwood Mac Landslide by dtaylor

dtaylor

Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:53 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

suziko

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:06 pm

Well, wasn't that lovely? That sounded really sweet! I love the little bit you added at the end (the "I'm getting older too" repeat). I'll have to go back and rewatch it, then steal it from you, if you don't mind!

suzi

dtaylor

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:20 pm

Thanks Suzi, I always thought this was way beyond me till I saw your version, it's now my favourite thing to play, landing on the G and D at the start of the chorus is so delicious it make me go weak!
I'd like to do a version with the instrumental bridge, but this needs some ironing out first.

suziko

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:24 pm

Clearly it was nowhere NEAR beyond you!! You played this so nicely. I know what you mean about enjoying playing it. It's one of the pieces that I run through every day, and I have yet to get sick of it. I like to change it up a little bit every time. Neil only gave us TAB, so you can interpret the melody however you want, which is fun.

Really, I thought it was just great. A real pleasure to listen to! What is your guitar?

Suzi

dtaylor

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:39 pm

It's a Martin 000M, I didn't know much about acoustics when I bought it a couple of years ago but it plays so nicely with a proper set-up. I'm in the market for a new guitar and have yet to play a Taylor but from what I hear from owners they are hard to resist...?

dennisg

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:43 pm

Wow, that was just gorgeous. Now that I've seen that, I'm willing to bet there's not many songs that are going to be beyond your capabilities with a little work. Congrats on an excellent job.

dtaylor

Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Thank you Dennis, I'm glad you liked it, I think we're just so lucky to have a site which provides us all with the sort of music we like to play. It's very easy to get motivated when there's a list of songs stretching out to the horizon which are each a fresh challenge.

suziko

Sat Aug 06, 2011 9:05 pm

I have both a Martin (00-28VS) and a Taylor (GC3) and I love them both. They're just different- one bright and cheery and the other more dark and mellow. You should try out some Taylors and see what you think, but there are plenty of good guitar makers that you can choose from: Gibson, Santa Cruz, Collings, Froggy Bottom, to just name a few! Have fun shopping!

Suzi

dsmarion

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:14 pm

That was very nice! Looks like a lot of fun to play! Your doing great! I need to get up to speed with fingerpicking techniques before I try it but I know I will. The main song is pretty easy I know so adding the instrumental in the solo part works beautifully. Can't sing it like Suzi though :(

I tried out a couple Taylors when I bought my Martin and they are pretty nice. And dtaylor ( your first name is...??) it's kinda pefect for you since it's your name lol. The Martin 00- and 000 types - are those smaller? I might consider getting one of those too (I need to make more $$$ because I want to many things lol).

Scott.

dtaylor

Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Hi Scott, glad you liked it. It's not as daunting as it looked at first glance, the stretches test you though.
You're right about the singing, I'd love to be able to sing it but Suzi puts most to shame with her vocals.
It's 'Dean' btw, and I reckon a Taylor might be just the ticket!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic