The Hollies Long cool woman with a black dress by Lavallee

dtaylor

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:11 pm

I'm sure you know this is Neil's favourite rock riff so he'll be pickled tink that you did such a good job Marc, nice work!

heatndude

Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:25 pm

Another cool dude with a guitar, That was great !

Lavallee

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:39 pm

Thanks Mike, the alternate picking is really the key which I saw you do so well with mother goose. Been trying to learn to do it since.

Thank you Ken for the good comments. As Neil was suggesting if you know the song very well , the lyrics are easier to assimilate as you do not have to focus at 2 different spots. It is interesting that sometimes you feel it is easier to learn both simultasneously (maybe you already know the lyrics pretty well).

Thanks Mark, I think the back track is my moto from now on as well. I will have some questions for you on the interface, thanks for offerring your help.

Hi Dennis thanks for your comments. my timing is not repeatable this is why sometimes it works sometimes it misses. I am actually thinking of taking drum lessons. But it sure is fun to play.

Hi Chris, thanks for the multiple viewings, and for mentionning it here, I will send you that check we talked about.

Hi Cori, thanks , I bought a karaeoke track and you could remove some parts. I had tried to do that with Audacity from an MP3 but there was a hissing that I could not get rid of. So I used that modified track.

Thank you Anton, I am not familar with that Hollies song, I will look for it

Thank you Dean, I remember he mentionned that in the lesson I sure agree with that. One of those riff that you recognize after 2 notes (Iron Man probably the only one you figure out at the first note).

Thanks Mark, that is cool of you of mentioning it

Marc

millponddave

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:44 pm

Marc. Very nice. That is one of the first songs that I tried to learn way back. I had completely forgotten about it. Now I'm gonna have to bust it out again and work on it.

Dave

abiliog

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 am

Marc,
What a pleasure to see an listen, such a great rhythm. Contagious that's what it is.
"You had it all" :)
Really cool,
Abilio

Yamaha48

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:16 pm

Hello Marc here is the link from the Hollies.

cheers........Anton

tvarga

Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:49 pm

Marc, that was awesome! Loved the singing. We'll have to put that on the set list for the next get together.

Lavallee

Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:44 pm

Hi Dave, thanks for the good comments. I hope you will take a shot at it

Thanks Abilio, Have not seen a video from you for a while, what will be next?

Thanks Anton, I do not recall this song but it is quite good, thanks for the intro

Hi Tom, looking forward to a next meeting

Marc

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic