The Hollies Long cool woman with a black dress by Lavallee

Lavallee

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:32 pm

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

One my main difficulty is with timing when playing strumming songs as I have been mentioned on many of the previous videos. After watching Daryl many times on his perfect timing, I decided to try with a backtrack as he does. Singing also helps, no matter the consequences :laugh: (I even laugh at myself during the video). I think it helped, still not perfect but on the right track I hope.

Thanks

Marc

BobR

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi Marc,

You're really rockin' on this one. I thought it was great and singing too, WAY to go :woohoo: :woohoo:

Good to see and hear you

Bob

tovo

Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:44 pm

Marc you are a marvel no doubt about it. That playing was just great, timing was fantastic and no bum notes that I picked up. Kudos for singing as well on a tune looks pretty full on in terms of rapid changes. My only wish is that I could have heard you better. Time for a microphone mate! How long have you worked on that? You sure have it down really, really well.

As always, I love your positive attitude. It just pours out of you. Très, très bon mon amie.

dsmarion

Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:01 pm

Hey Marc,

Well you certainly have a handle on all the pieces in a really great song. Playing with a backtrack will help you a lot with timing. I can tell you what ultimately helped me greatly years ago was playing with a real live drummer. The first time I did that I completely lost where I was having never done it. It took some time to get used to having someone play drums with you rather than a backtrack that always plays the same (and all the other parts are there too always - when all those parts are not there it really throws you off timing-wise). I was lucky enough to have the chance years ago to play a lot with a really good drummer and that did absolute wonders for my timing. Now I can just hear it all in my head pretty much - but it took a long while to get there so don't panic. Use whatever helps you keep that beat nice and steady. Great job with a really cool tune!

Scott

BigBear

Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:57 pm

Marc- another great effort on a tough song. You almost had me fooled into thinking you were Allan Clarke except the French Canadian accent gave it away!! LOL!

Seriously, I've worked on this song a bit and that opening riff is tougher than it seems and you nailed it!

Well done my friend! Keep 'em coming! :cheer:

Craig

Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:58 am

Great job Marc! You always post extremely cool tunes! I think the one man band sounded really good. I'm inspired by your willingness to sing, a hurdle I'm still trying to overcome! Keep up the good work.
Craig

willem

Mon Aug 08, 2011 4:59 am

YEAH Marc,,you don't believe this,,i was snapping my fingers,,i was clapping my hands,, i was drumming on the table and swingin a long with ya,,,that was really cool Marc,,way to go everything,,the basic bleus accompaniment(i think it ain't easy to sing on such),the singin was cool and i think maybe a mike will get it out more,,yep way to go Marc,,keep them coming

michelew

Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:30 am

Marc you rocker! I really enjoyed this.

Your singing has just gone through the roof, you get better with every singing lost and more confident.

Your playing was strong and sounded great.

You cracked me up a couple of times with the howls.

Very cool.

Loved it!

Michele

suziko

Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:45 am

I thought this was great, too, Marc. Playing with the backing track was a good idea. It helped you keep a steady tempo, plus it made it feel like a more complete song. Especially when you added in some rockin' vocals- I was smiling and bopping my head in time to your whole song. I loved it! That song looks challenging to me and it's not one I've looked at, so I don't have any advice or suggestions for you. But it's always great to see a new video from you, and I think this is one of your best yet.

Suzi

neverfoundthetime

Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:31 am

That's a cracker Marc! My favourite video from you to date. Really great job on the timing, the rocking, the singing and just the whole shabang.
Alessandra was watching it with me and was dancing away to it... really good post.
How the hell did you keep in time with the beat before the backing kicked in? Did you have some visual aid set up?
This is one I'd like to work on too.
Chris

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic