Leonard Cohen (Jeff Buckley Arrangement) Hallelujah by dtaylor

dsmarion

Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:14 pm

Hey Dean.
Wow, another song I am not familiar with - so many to take a look at. You did a nice job from the sound of it. Mandolin huh - hmmm there are some uses for that too if you like Suzi's advice. You probably would have fun with one and I know you would like the sound. Great job, thanks for posting!

Scott

lueders

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:15 am

Dean, that sounded just like Jeff Buckley too me! I think that is the best version, guitar-wise at least of the song...and you did a wonderful job of it. I LOVE THIS SONG! (This song always reminds/makes me think of Christmas.)It sounded excellent! No one is sick of you...quite the contrary...keep em coming!

Cori

lueders

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:37 am

Hi Dean, you're obviously on a roll! (I was as well a couple of weeks ago, so I get it! ;) )

Well that was of course very lovely and well played!

And yeah, thanks for seeing you again :)! (I was surprised that you didn't in the others videos, since we were able to see you in 'Little Martha'.)

I get what you mean with capoing, the JB-version sounds very lovely because of that and as you said, other songs as well (Here comes the sun).

In the end, when it comes down to singing it, it just depends on one's range, JB or LC don't fit mine... :( ....but I like playing it in G anyway, wherever the capo is.

I digress, again that was of course very well done, great work Dean!

Ness

dtaylor

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:39 am

Scott, Cori, Marc, Ness, thanks a lot. Ness I'd love to hear you do it, I bet it would be killer! Marc, there are some good live versions of JB doing this, it's a very singular take on it, but very intense. It's also very satisfying to play, late at night in a quiet reflective moment is best.

Craig

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:21 am

Dean,
Nicely done. Very well played! That song is definately on my "to do" list. I assume you were singing in your head? :laugh:
Craig

dtaylor

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:13 am

Craig wrote:
Dean,
Nicely done. Very well played! That song is definately on my "to do" list. I assume you were singing in your head? :laugh:
Craig
This is one when I try to sing, my fingers stop working!

AcousticAl

Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:40 pm

Hey Dean,

I'm smiling as I watch your uploads. You and I have similar taste in the songs we take on- as I've worked on almost all the same ones you have!

Nice job here as well.

I might slow this one down though.. Might give it more feeling. (Deja-vu from my "imagine" comment?)

dtaylor

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:30 am

Cheers for the tip Al, I'll work on that. I think you're right about our taste, I've been learning Everything I Own too. I guess a shed load of people have been doing the same though... such a great song.

cosmicmechanic

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:04 pm

Dean, sounds sweet to me ... Buckley's version might just do it for me, I've been feeling stale doing the simpler version without the capo.
Thanks, I'll give it a whirl !

Pierre

dtaylor

Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Nice one Pierre, love to hear it when it's ready!

Dean

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic