Neil Young On The Way Home by millponddave

neverfoundthetime

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:06 am

Very nice job Dave on your first video post! Great sound on your Martin and you sung that well.
Congratulations and welcome to the club!
Chris

snipe

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 am

Really well done. Enjoyed it.

Mike

Craig

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:12 am

Dave,
Nice job! Solid effort all the way around. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to many more from you.
Craig

BobR

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:16 am

Hi Dave,

Really nice job. I checked this last night and it wasn't there. I am glad it finally uploaded for you. Nice performance all around.

Bob

tovo

Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:12 pm

Glad you got your video issues sorted. Nice work on the tune I thought you played and sang it really well.

millponddave

Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:24 pm

To all of my online guitar loving friends at TG,

Thanks to all of you folks for the words of encouragement. I have to admit that I was terrified of posting anything. I play by myself all of the time and it is hard to notice if I am improving at all or not. All of you guys have been a real inspiration to me and the relaxed, supportive atmosphere here is what has made it possible for me to step up and post something. I never play for anyone, let alone sing, so this was a huge step for me. Again, a special thanks to Vanessa for inspiring me to try my hand at this song and helping me out with the chords. This was a song that had completely disappeared off my radar until I heard her version and decided that I had to learn it.

Dave

RicksPick

Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:05 am

Hi Dave

Jump right in, both feet first
and come up smelling of roses

Nice

RicksPick

dennisg

Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:55 am

That was a truly excellent start, Dave. Loved the playing and singing. About the only thing I can offer in the way of suggestion is to point out that the hammer on the D chord gets lost, I think, because the strums come in such quick succession. You might consider skipping a strum on the beat following the hammer. Otherwise, looked joyously close to perfect.

By the way, great to hear this rarely played NY tune. Hearing your version reminds me how much I miss it.

millponddave

Wed Aug 10, 2011 6:56 pm

Ricks pick, Thanks for the kind words. Everybody has been so encouraging

Dennisg, Thanks for the suggestion. It really does help to get other folks take on things. And yeah, it is a great song and fun to play

Dave

drfuji

Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:57 pm

Hey Dave, Great job!! I know what you mean talking about being terrified...I just started posting a couple of weeks ago. The people on here are very encouraging and have some great constructive criticism. Keep the posts coming... I have been wanting to try this song myself....

Thanks....

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic