John Lennon Imagine by dtaylor

dtaylor

Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:47 am

Thanks Jeff, Dave, Dennis Willem. Ta Cori, I get that a lot, people coming up and saying 'Do I know you...?'

Jim those vids are nice, I was impressed with the character of the GS in comparison to the other shapes, very expressive and clear. Just fantasising about a custom GS in koa...

jim56

Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:46 pm

Jim those vids are nice, I was impressed with the character of the GS in comparison to the other shapes, very expressive and clear. Just fantasising about a custom GS in koa...[/quote]

Thanks,

They are a very good resource for any guitarist interested in a Taylor Guitar. It helps to see and hear the differences between the models.

Anyone else interested in viewing the videos check out my previous post in this thread for the URL.

Jim

AcousticAl

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:15 pm

dtaylor wrote:
Just for the sake of getting near to the in-built mic I have to get close, otherwise you'll see a nice wide shot of me playing a silent guitar...
I'm starting to get jealous of the guys with a proper set-up who sound so awesome... better seek some advice from Al I think.

I haven't been on in a while and this was the first thread/post I looked at. Guess my ears must have been burning.

First off- really nice rendition, Dean. This is one of the first songs I picked up when first joining TG. I just find it so relaxing to play.
I particulary liked and noticed how 'extended' your notes were. You didn't end many of them early- or accidentally mute them with other fingers- which I find the toughest part of this song.
I personally like to play it a bit slower than you- but I think that's how I play a lot of songs. Don't know if that's good or not.

So about your setup- there's many threads on here where several TGers, including myself, have discussed different mics, cameras etc. I'll see if I can search out a few of them and put the links here.

If you have specific questions- PM me and I'll be glad to help if I can.

Cheers!

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/7-a ... html#71339

http://www.totallyguitars.com/forum/7-a ... html#56902

BTW- There's also a whack of info in the TG Techies Group that I've accumulated over time. Might be worth looking through there as well.
Speaking of which- I haven't been over there in a LONG time! I should see what's new there myself!!

dtaylor

Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:40 am

Thanks for the info Al, it's about time I made the effort to get things sounding as good as they can, it seems like even for a minimal lay-out you can get great results.
BTW I've realised I play this too fast having listened back to the lesson, it sounds like Neil's play through is a half-speed play-along! It deserves slowing down and savouring every note.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic