mark Sleight of hand guitar lesson review upload

mark

Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:42 pm

Here's my go at Sleight of hand.
Played quite a bit slower than the original.

Anyone who has tried this will know it's a bit of a finger twister

PLEASE NOTE: If video was recently uploaded it will not work yet. YouTube will need a little more time to get the video ready. Please check back again soon.

thereshopeyet

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:14 pm

Thanks

abiliog

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:36 pm

Marc
Wonderful job already on such a difficult song.
You are a great guitar player,
Congratulations
Abilio

tovo

Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:49 pm

Bravo. If there was a single mistake or bad note in there...well I didn't hear it. I think you are playing it at a deliberately slower tempo to ensure you are precise, that's what came across to me anyhow. It's spectacularly accurate playing now, when you take it up to speed it will be mind-bogglingly good. (Is 'bogglingly' a real adjective?? Who knows?) You know what I mean.

dtaylor

Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:51 pm

Wow that's some seriously good guitar playing, can only echo Tony's comment that it sounds flawless, you're really going about it the right way, getting it perfect before worrying about the tempo. Congratulations on a great achievement.

Dean

BobR

Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:16 pm

Mark,

That was really impressive. Very nicely done.

Bob

millponddave

Thu Aug 11, 2011 7:38 pm

Mark, That was so cool. That song looks very hard but you made it look easy. Great job.

Dave

Craig

Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:13 pm

Nice job Mark! Congratulations on nailing a difficult piece.
Craig

dsmarion

Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:32 am

Mark,
Every time I hear this piece the more it really grows on me. Someday I must sit down and try it, but I have too much stuff on my list for the moment. You really are coeing along nicely on this, how long have you been working on it? It looks like you habe all the parts in there. Nice song for doing some moving up the neck and yet being mostly driven by tasty bass runs. Loved it!

Scott

mark

Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:41 am

Dermot - It's probably 2 or maybe even 3 months since the first part of this came out as a drip feed. I've been on it ever since

Tony and Dean - yes keeping the tempo down deliberately. I normally practice this a bit faster but as soon as I turned the camera on it started getting messy.
A long way to go to get it anywhere near the real speed

Scott - it's one of those tunes which just keeps growing on you. When Totally guitars first started this tune was used as an introduction to all the videos so the members at that time had plenty of opportunity to get hooked on it.
Be prepared when you start working on this. There are plenty of "you've got to be kidding" moments when Neil explains how it is played.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic